Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to spend some quality time with my dad today.

He is 67 now and has actually never spent any time behind a wheel gun.
Never even knew what a Single Action Revolver was hardly! Never held a Ruger SA and never shot a 44 MAG!

He has hunted and killed a lot of animals in his life, no starnger to guns per se... as long as we are talking about a 12Guage, or a Winchester 30-30 then he's right up to speed ha ha ha ha...

Anyway I grabbed my phone out and video shot him shooting my Ruger Vaquero Bisley model 44 MAgs today... the first time he's ever shot anything like this...... CHECK OUT THE SMILE!!!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
http://youtu.be/6gDBqA9v4xU

·
Registered
9,496 Posts
That's good value. :)

Cheers,
Mark.

·
Super Moderator
19,135 Posts
:) Looks like he had a deprived childhood ;D

·
Premium Member
4,446 Posts
HEY!!! I take exception to your thread title - - - I am 66 and I am NOT OLD!!!!!! I bet you dad feels the same - - - -

Great thing to get out with your dad though . . My dad is 88 (mom too) and lives in Florida so I can't just take him out to the range . . . he is not a gun person but he sure does love to fish!!!!

GB45

·
Premium Member
5,418 Posts
Spend all the time possible with your dad - that's quality time.
My dad would have been 97 this past June.

·
Premium Member
13,618 Posts
Yepper, spend as much quality time as possible.. OBTW, must have been shooting variable powder level handloads - noticed flames out of two or three rounds - all others w/o flame..... Gun also appeared to kick more with flame..

Regardless - big smile from your dad...............

1895gunner

·
Registered
651 Posts
I've had the opposite experience.

I'm 54 years old.

Last year my youngest son came from the UK to live with me instead of his mum.

He is 20 years old.

He asked me to take him hunting, so I arranged a weekend hunting Fallow deer.

He had a brilliant time as did I. He shot his first deer. A running shot from 140 meters with a .223 single shot rifle.

We made him dress the beast and carry it back to camp. He arrived tired but beaming. The nexrt day we made him butcher the carcass. For a UK lad raised by his mother he just fell into the hunting life.

After 6 years apart we bonded really well.

Amazing how shooting can narrow any age gap. Now my son wants his own rifles and shot guns.

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
That reminds me, my Dad has just retired after 38 years with an electric utility company, and had 10 years in aerospace before that. As part of a retirement gift he received a new Stoeger model 3500 12ga. We are going to spend a lot of time busting clays probably later this fall and a lot of next year. I am so excited! He is into firearms to a point, but not as much as myself. Its going to be good times and great memories. Thanks for posting that video! Made me smile big too! ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Mr. Merde, that story brought a tear to my eye. . .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts