Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parson for my application the rear tactical is a tad long. I'm using the new Leupold variable scout. With my short arms and utilizing the 1-4X power range the scope ocular is just forward of the hammer. My question is would I be able to order one a bit shorter with less material forward of the front screw hole?

This is my 1895 below, but I want to put one on a 336 with the shorter scout rail. See how far back my scope sits.

I know I know who does this guy think he is? ::) ;D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Having the same kind of issue with the Tactical front sight being too long and hitting the front barrel bands.... hoping for the same type of solution.

Great looking rifle there.

·
Registered
8,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is some extra material that could be removed, but that is up to Parson. I never thought about the front sight hitting the barrel bands! I mean you could trim it down yourself, but after paying the money it would look butchered when I was done with it! ;)

Maybe it is not meant for the barrel band models?

My 336 has no barrel band. I think the Tactical front and rear with the scout scope would be cool 8) looking! ;D

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Hi guys...

SURE! I can make a tactical rear shorter to fit with your mount. Just tell me how long you want it. Measure from the center of the second screw hole to where you want the front edge of the sight. That should be a good solid reference point.

And the barrel band..... oops... THAT was my fault. All my "go to" guns are NON Barrel band models so when I was designing the front sight I forgot to check it on a rifle that had one....

SO... I'll be fixing that issue... :) Clark, as per our email, just send it to me and I'll change it and send it back to you.

I'm liking the one on my Guide Gun... :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts