Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am adding a 500 lumen flashlight on my gun for varmints at night.
I found these scope rings on Ebay with the 3 point attachment that I put on as the front scope ring. ($15)

This is the flashlight: A recoil Q5 500 lumen. It came in today and the handle is .94". ($16)

I will use one of the quick release 1" scope rings from this 2-pack to hold flashlight on scope ring. ($18)

I may have to shim the flashlight a tad. Then I will look at Walmart for a bike light cover (Red)
that will fit over the front of the flashlight.
I know it's alot of goofing around but the 500 lumen beam is what I wanted and started with.
It is supposed to project waaaaay out there. Most of the tactical light I have seen aren't even 1/2 the lumens.
Anyone do much night hunting?

· Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here in upstate NY and no hogs here either. The coyotes are becoming a regular sighting though. Season ends last week of March.
Love to go rat hunting at night too!

· Registered
1,265 Posts
i get out there at night quite a bit but my tactic involves the moon, large meadows and swampy ponds, with lots of snow. i dont use lights, just the moon and snow where there are no shadows is plenty bright.

· Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Took a little shimming but I was able to get it put on securely.
Those quick release rings are great. Lots of possibilities.

The 500 lumen flashlight will be a strong beam out to 150 yds.
Battery good for 50 continuous minutes on high
total expense..$55

· Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried this out and the beam goes out to 150 yds easy....not bad for MADE IN CHINA

· Registered
4,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Off of Ebay, If you do a search there for Cree Recoil 500, you will get a selection. The prices are good but they come from CHINA. USE PAYPAL. It takes almost 2 weeks to get it, don't spend more than $20 on it unless it comes with batteries.

Reactions: OLBIKER
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.