Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a first glance... Yes, it has wings.. :) and an adjustable height post....

·
Registered
461 Posts
Any chance that blade will be offered with a brass inset like the other front sights? If so, I am in!

·
Vendor
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The steel is ordered and I'm invisioning brass posts and black posts for starters. A sourdough post would be doable but I'm thinking the solid brass post wouldnt be too bad on its own. :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'll take one possibly 2, those sights will look great with the tactical rear. The front post won't get knocked around anymore , I'm not the easiest person on gear. Thanks for taking the time to do the R&D on those sights... ;D 2 thumbs up..

·
Banned
285 Posts
I've got an XS sight system on a 30/30 Texan and want to do the tactical front and rear. It's never shot right as the front post is not the right height. I was thinking of ordering a marlin front sight ramp. But now I wont have to. Gun shoots 10" high at 100 yards with the rear sight cranked all the way down.

Would be cool to put a fiber optic on that setup too.

·
Vendor
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Joe,

I'd say you need a front sight approx. .050" taller. I've got some Steel stock on order and will have some final dimensions when it comes in and I start making a few fronts.

Initially I'll have them available in the 1.0" hole spacing (newer Marlin Prod. since about 2000) and .700" for the older guns.

Grizz: Fiber Optic option will be a lil tough since the post is going to be fairly short front to back. Doable, yes...

:)

·
Banned
285 Posts
Parson said:
Hello Joe,

I'd say you need a front sight approx. .050" taller. I've got some Steel stock on order and will have some final dimensions when it comes in and I start making a few fronts.

Initially I'll have them available in the 1.0" hole spacing (newer Marlin Prod. since about 2000) and .700" for the older guns.
Nice thing is that if it's not the right size, it only means a different blade.

·
Vendor
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Exactly... and its adjustable. about .125 of adjustment....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts