Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble identifying what I'm supposed to be measuring before ordering.

Parson has asked that we (Please specify .700" or 1.00" center to center hole spacing) before ordering.

I can only see the one screw on my factory ramp. Is the other screw underneath the dovetail insert? If it is, I'm pretty sure that mine would be .700", as from the center of the visible screw, 1" forward would put the screw at the very front of the ramp in a very weird spot.

Can any other 1894C owners please confirm? (assuming Marlin didn't just throw whatever they had at the time on their 1894C's)

Thanks,

cclark.

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Hello Clark,

You are correct. Just measure from center of the Dovetail to the center of the exposed screw.

I'm in the mtns bear hunting and responding from my phone, hence the brevity. I'll ship your sights asap when I return. There were some difficulty getting www.skinnersights.com updated with the new products but theu are all working now!

Thanks Clark.

Andy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright.

I'm almost 99% sure that My rifle requires the .7" spacing....so that's what I ordered. An inch from the center hole of the one visible ramp screw goes past the dovetail insert, so .7" should be the ticket.

Ordered a Tactical Rear and front. Will definitely get some before and after pics up. Cannot wait at all.

Good hunting, parson.

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Big bear bit the dust this evening. My buddy got him with a Winchester 86 in 33 Winchester. Just finished hanging him up. :) Will try for #2 tomorrow! Spot and stalk by the way. Gotta love lever guns!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What type of bear are you guys after? Forgive me for not being super familiar with what kinds are in your area (Montana I want to say?) my guess would be blackbear...but can't be sure. Would love to see a pic if you have one.

Out of curiosity, what are you going to be using? Would love to hear what make/model/caliber/ round / sight combo you're using for bear.

Good hunting,

cclark

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Parson,

Got an email out to you with this as well...wasn't sure where you preferred to be contacted.

Received the sights. The back went on without a hitch and looks great.

The front has an issue. The front of the ramp is too long and hits my barrel band before the holes can align properly. Its off by maybe 1/8th of an inch.

I tried to just loosen the screw on the barrel band to see if it could be moved, and the screws used on the band must be the worst ever, because the metal on the head would just start bending around the screwdriver. I don't think that band is going anywhere unless I take it to a gunsmith.

I think that leaves us at me sending this one back and having it ground down and repainted...or having a new one made at a shorter overall length. The Tactical front is approx. .25" longer than my factory ramp from what I can tell.

The hole spacing themselves looks perfect. The stupid band is just in the way.

please advise.

Thanks,

cclark

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
Hello Clark,

I posted a response to you in another thread. Sorry for the confusion with the barrel band. That is my oversight and I'll fix that for you. You and I have emailed but I'm answering here so others can follow how we are responding to this issue.

Please send it back and I'll make sure you get one that works with your barrel band and has the other modifications we discussed via Email.

Thanks Clark!

Andy

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the response Parson,

the sight should be getting back to you either monday or tuesday I would think.

Did you feel that the modifications I sent to you were doable? Let me know if you can do them.

Thanks,

clark

·
Vendor
1,941 Posts
I think they are doable! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts