Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this rifle isn't a H&R but I had to tell everyone how nice it was to me. I got it from Cabela's . I had points saved up and it cost me $115 total . I put a Lepuold riflemen mount and med. rings, the omega mount fits the Impact just fine. The scope was a Bushnell dusk to dawn Banner 3-9 40mm blackpowder scope on it. I had to notch the front scope protective cover to clear the front sight of the rifle. I didn't want to remove the front sight, because I got the weaver type removable rings to be able to use the iron sights if needed. The removable 3 thead breach plug doesn't get stuck on alot of shots, witch is a great thing. I was shooting the Lee 320 gr. Real bullet with 90 gr of 777 . I lubed it with some lee alox and some bore butter. I shot some 295 power belts also . I got very good groups with both at 100 yards. It did a pretty good job on that old Tv set too. The rifle cleans up very good and what I really like the breach area where the 209 primer goes was as clean as some center fire rifles. I had a few other black powder rifles and even using 777 and a 209 in them The area would get really crusty and hard to clean . I guess I get more blow by past the primer on those rifles. I just had to put alittle rem .oil on a rag and wiped some black soot off it. The rifle seems sold tight fitted and well built for the $249 price. I like it alot . I just wanted to give it a review. Thanks Mike K

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I considered gettin one at W/MART that was dirt cheap and passed cause the rifle does not fit me at all.It doesn,t shoulder good for me.I,m glad it didn,t cause I,m a B/P traditionalist and my flinty,s would never forgive me. ;D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have mostly wood stocked muzzleloaders. They are side hammers some flint and most are cap locks. This was my first plastic stocked rifle. On some of those nasty hunting days it is nice to have something to take that I don't have to worry about messing up the wood. But I know what you mean there is something about the flints and the the old style rifles that the inline miss on ,thanks for the reply, Mikek

·
Registered
830 Posts
My son (12) has one of these rifles too. He saved his money and bought one at Walmart early this year. They were closing them out for the season and the rifle was I think $185.

It is a great little rifle. The stock has a spacer that we removed to shorten the length. This feature makes it a great starter rifle that will also fit him latter when he grows.

He did some work for me and I paid him in a Nikon 2X7 scope. He is saving now for rings and bases.

Corbi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts