Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As Left handed person in most things EX shooting, I've always favored carrying any knife on my LH side.........

Doing so, frees up my Right side to carry a Pistol, but its always been a Pain in the Butt to thread a knife sheath onto my belt on the LH side.

Also, I've always been uncomfortable in getting in and out, and sitting in a vehicle with a sheath knife on my belt, and having the tip dig into the seat........

This is a design I've been thinking of for a year or more, and I finally decided to build it for this newly acquired little knife.

The knife is a little Gerber I bought recently at a knife Show. it was inexpensive @ $25.00, so If I lose it, I'm not out a lot of money.......And it actually takes a nice edge quickly too........

I'm really pleased in the way this sheath swings. I don't even notice I have the knife on my belt , now...........

It was such a hit with a friend, I was asked to make one for him, too.

The Deer Track is a stamp I made from a piece of Drill Rod using a Dremel and a file, at my friends suggestion.....

As you can see, the snap opens for fast easy attachment to a belt, and the sheath swings on a small Nickle Plated D-ring.

I hope you like it...........

Tom

Attachments

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Well done man!! Like it...and the stag too...how about a shot of the knife too?

Reactions: Tomray

·
Premium Member
10,996 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well done man!! Like it...and the stag too...how about a shot of the knife too?
erimort,

Thanks for the kind words............

That knife is a Gerber, probably made in China or Asia.

I'd seen them in various catalogs for around $39-$49 dollars, if I recall........

Then I found a dealer that was selling them real cheap at a knife show............can't find "china" on it, but I'm pretty sure thats where its from........As I said, its Sharp, and if I lose it, I won't be out too much.

Thanks for the reply,

Tom

Reactions: erimort

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
stag... kind of like bacon... makes everything (knife-related anyway) better! great job on that sheath too!

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
Nice leather work and kudos for the home made stamp! excellent!:congrats:

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
That looks like a great set up Tom and very well thought out. I can see it now ... your new company making these sheaths - Tom's Swingers!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Excellent Tom, nice work!

Mop

·
Super Moderator
6,563 Posts
Excellent work and great design, Tom.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Nice work on the leather. You have given me some ideas. I will have to look through the old duty gear I still have to see if I have the stuff to attach a knife to my belt like you did. The obvious comes a little slower to me!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts