Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering the purchase of an 1895 SBL 45-70. I am not a fan of laminate stocks. Are there solid wood stocks available or aftermarket options?
:questionmark:

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Do you have the brown laminate?

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Good luck! And welcome to the forum!!

·
Registered
2,903 Posts

My GBL with swapped walnut from a standard 1895

·
Registered
260 Posts
Just buy a 45-70 with Walnut on it. Why buy a laminate gun and then change it. LOL this coming from a guy that changes stocks like underwear, just changed them on my 444. You can get very nice Walnut stock sets on Gun Broker for 130-150 shipped. Be careful with Boyds their front stock is 5/16" to short unless you buy the new set they have out for the 1895.

·
Registered
402 Posts
When you go on the Boyds web site,and go to the section on the 1895,it asks if you want pistol grip or straight stock and asks about fore arm if it has a cap or not,But I can bet you a dollar against a dime you will have to make some slight sanding adjustments to it,my new 1895 when I redid the whole exterior,I found I had to take some of the wood out of the barrel channel as it was binding the mag tube when you put it back together the tube had a wider gap at the mag cap end verses the forearm stock cap,easy fix 10 minutes,be patient,if you get one of the boyds stocks get a deceleratod pad put on,its worth it.Pete

1 - 12 of 12 Posts