Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 336 that I don't shoot as much that has a Happy Trigger in it and was thinking about pulling that trigger out and putting it in either the 336 or 1895 that I do use more. Is this possible to do or would I be better off just getting another trigger?

·
Registered
33 Posts
The process to do a trigger job is the same as to swap in the happy trigger. If you want it on a different rifle, just swap the parts. They should all be interchangeable.

·
Registered
932 Posts
gunner, go to "youtube" with your intensions ie. installing WW Happy trigger. It's very easy to do-if I can do it, anyone can. Good Luck

·
Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is really easy to do a trigger job on the factory trigger and it does not cost anything.
there are instructions here in the forum online.
let us know if you need help finding them.
thanks, I read over the instructions the other day but am a little afraid to start filing on the sear for fear of ruining it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Might as well go with the Happy trigger if you are worried about ruining the sear. The swap isn't too hard to do.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have removed and installed a happy trigger from one 336 to another 336 with no issues. Both were 70 & 80's vintage. I am not sure if a 336 happy trigger or if the stock triggers are interchangeable between models, like the 1895. The triggers look very similar between models, as I have done a trigger job on my 1895, but never thought or had reason to see if the triggers were an exact same match or try to swap parts around.

the trigger job as described in the gunsmithing forum was pretty straitforward. Swanny and others have done a good job of explaining it. The first time I was worried I was going to ruin my rifle. After a really weak first attempt, ( I was very nervous) it did not come out any where close to what I want, I made the decision that a new sear was actually pretty cheap, and if I screwed it up too bad to fix, I would just buy a new sear. Still cheaper than a Happy trigger kit. So, if your not too worried about and are competent with hand tools give it a try yourself. Good luck, and let us know how it comes out.

·
Administrator
23,796 Posts
Trigger for 336, 1895 and .444 is the same. An after market like the Happy is made to fit them all.

·
Banned
4,733 Posts
I've never ran across a propem swapping the triggers and them working. I have noticed on 1894's, the trigger length on the bottom half was longer than factory but the top half was all the same specs and broke cleanly. Another thing I've found on 94's especially is the WWG trigger is wide enough to fill the space very well reducing side to side motion as well as the normal trigger flop. I get my most satisfaction on the 94's concerning a WWG trigger. I've seen it posted about installing a reduced power hammer spring and that is a great upgrade in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Swany has a sticky on the trigger job. I did the procedure and it was pretty easy. I used an Arkansas stone to hone mine.
Thanks again Swany.... went from 6# and very creepy to crisp 3.5. In my case it was an 1894S .44 mag.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts