Marlin Firearms Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,649 Posts
I eat it often; raw, cooked it doesn't matter. About the only thing I won't eat is red clam or octopus. It's like chewing on a tire. I really miss fresh abalone.

I make my own inari sushi - abura age stuffed with rice. AKA, "footballs" when I was a kid.

They're easy to make because there's only two ingredients, plus seasoning. I had a hard time finding "spongy" abura age. Most Japanese markets only have that paper thin stuff you get at restaurants that don't hold the sweet broth.

inari.jpg

I found most of my Mom's "equipment" to make maki sushi. I'm going to have to try rolling next.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Can't get my head or my mouth around Sushi! Meat of any kind is three times more nutritious when cooked (so say Anthropologists in studying diets of early man. The ones that we come from cooked!)).
Anyway, closest I ever came to it was "Cracked Conch" ( marinated in lime juice, which sort of cooks it) while sailing in the Caribbean. Ate a LOT of fresh fish & rice & pigeon peas though!

·
Premium Member
7,766 Posts
I love sushi and eat it often, there is a small family owned place near me in Suffolk that always has fresh fish, pleasant people.

·
Super Moderator
11,772 Posts
I have sushi at least once a month and there are some good places in my area. Sushimi is also good right on the boat when deep sea fishing.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts