Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At Cabela's, took my neighbor and his son, we got there
Just in time for lunch. I had their chilli, got some jalapeno peppers to fix it up . They each got Elk burgers and French fries.
The store had a good bunch of shoppers, but it was no way over crowded. It was a very pleasant shopping trip.
I was a good boy only spent $65.00
My neighbor was Bad he laid down $500.
They enjoyed the trip.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,536 Posts
We have Bass Pro Shops down here and the one in Gainesville where my office is does not have a restaurant as it is a smaller one. The one I have been to in Tampa has a nice restaurant though. If I had eaten that chili I would still be eating it no way would I go there.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
I survived Black Friday in the timber chasing squirrels. Got a limit, had them cleaned and in the freezer by 9:50 this morning. No way I was going shopping.
But, there is no Cabela’s here. If there was, I may have went shopping! All we have is Bass Pro, and they seem to be bad overpriced on everything. So, no shopping for me.

·
Registered
10,844 Posts
The BPS in Springfield Mo is something to see, they have two museums, 1 for bows, 1 for guns,they have the Quigly rifle there. It was just added on to 300,000 sq ft 1.5 m gal aquarium, I have not been since it was finished.

·
Registered
13,754 Posts
Whacked up a load of firewood. Went into town to mix up some Premium and my favorite 2-stroke oil, Hardware Hank's store brand. My saw loves it. Quiet day. Never did unload, it's snowing steady now, got a tarp on the wood. Tomorrow's a new day.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I was a bad boy on Black Friday! To the tune of $1312 and some change! I got a Henry 357 single shot, cute little fella by the way! Going to try it out Monday which is opening day deer gun season. A Franchi Affinity 3.5 bottom land camo, going to try it out on some close range coyotes! Also 1K small pistol, 1K small pistol magnum and 1K large pistol primers, was running a little low on primers. I don't know why I'm explaining to you all, must be instinct!! Lol.

·
Registered
19,567 Posts
Headed over to the local BPS with a buddy, who was just gonna go "for the ride" because our wives went shoppin' for the Black Friday sales at the mall :afraid:. Was lookin' to pick up one of the camo Savage Axis XP's in 22-250 (for the 10 boxes of ammo I bought on closeout months ago) that were on sale. Didn't have it in 22-250, BUT did have one in 6.5 CM camo/compact/20" barrel...soooo picked it up! Have been thinkin' about a 6.5 for a while! THEN, the sales guy tells me, that even though they don't have the 22-250 on sale, savage still has the rebate on their full size rifles! Hmmmm AND has one in 22-250!! My enabler buddy tells me "well you came for the 22-250 so why don't you get that one TOO! SOLD! :proud: Sooo...$550 (after rebates) for TWO scoped (yeah I know, not the best scopes but they'll do for now) rifles! Not a bad deal IMHO! Well, to pay my buddy back for nudging me into the second gun, I of course HAD TO pay him back and told him "man, this is a such great deal, I REALLY think YOU should pick one up TOO! He tried to hem and haw, but I wasn't lettin' up! Finally broke him down (you know what they say about payback :biggrin:) and he picked one up in 243 for a future rifle for his daughter (at least that's the story his wife's gonna get :biggrin:) ! Other than the 2 hour wait to get waited on, 'twas a great day...never bought two guns at the same time and probably never will again (it's never a good thing to have two enablers at a gun store, ESPECIALLY at a sale :rofl:)! Oh, and my buddy bought me lunch afterwards! Guess I made out pretty good on MY Black Friday!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Hi, no primers. Cabelas was one of two places I would have considered for a Black Friday
foray. The other is my primary LGS, who had the Ruger 10/22 Sporter on sale for $199.00.
Very tempting. But not tempting enough.

Tractor Supply and Harbor Freight!

ca'jun56
AHhh. Man after my own heart. Yeah. Imagine that. A female TS and HF fan.
(I love that "American Hunter has HF coupon pages sometimes)

But alas. I didn't take part in the Black Friday mayhem. I cleaned the garage a bit
so I can put the Ranger in before the Sunday/Monday ice/snow fun.

Have a safe weekend gang.

·
Registered
13,754 Posts
0630, at least 8"-10" of fluffy new snow. It's beautiful. 23 is the temp for the day, now and later. Hangin' out by the stove, having French Roast. Dead silent outside, just glorious.

You all have a fine day.

·
Banned
1,982 Posts
I'm happy to note that the "Black Friday" scam is beginning to fade. A 58" TV for $198? Yeah, they've got 'em -- two of them, and they were gone before you got out of bed. And everything that is in stock will be even cheaper next week than this week. I start my Christmas shopping about Tuesday of next week, have done so for years, and don't miss the crowds one little bit.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
I was up at 5:30, but not for shopping. I helped my son move for the 5th time in the last 3 years. I finally went home around 4pm, my back could take no more. I told him to call a moving company next time. I have had my share of Black Friday shopping in the past and have several funny memories from it, but no more.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I'm happy to note that the "Black Friday" scam is beginning to fade. A 58" TV for $198? Yeah, they've got 'em -- two of them, and they were gone before you got out of bed. And everything that is in stock will be even cheaper next week than this week. I start my Christmas shopping about Tuesday of next week, have done so for years, and don't miss the crowds one little bit.
I did not do any Black Friday shopping but I bought a left hand Ruger Predator a bit ago. Mentioned to the clerk that I may show up to buy it after deer season when they go on sale, and he just wrote up the sale price so I could buy it then. He was smart, I may have talked myself out of it. Now have to put a couple of rifles on consignment. Got too many and need to thin the herd.

DEP

·
Premium Member
10,536 Posts
I don't go shopping on Black Friday. If I wanted to shop I would do it online as the prices are just as good and they send the stuff to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts