Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We recently completed work on a Marlin 44 Mag for a customer that included trigger and action work, an RPP medium loop lever, and shortening the barrel to 16" and threading it 9/16x24tpi. He was so happy with the rifle that he had Mr Revolver Guy at DayAtTheRange.com video review it with his SilencerCo suppressor to show off it's accuracy and quietness.
Suppressed Marlin 44 Magnum – Ranger Point Precision

Ranger Point Precision Located in the Houston area in Cypress, TX, Ranger Point is a leading innovator and producer of rifle accessories, caliber conversions, custom-built firearms and has extensive gunsmith expertise in Marlin and Henry Repeating Arms rifles as well as a dozen rifle and handgun brands along with a CNC machine shop.

Ranger Point Precision performed the work on this Marlin 44 Magnum lever Action. The barrel was shortened to a legal length of 16inches and threaded, they worked over the action to smooth it out and performed accuracy work.

The 44 performed flawlessly and was very accurate at 50 yards. The SilencerCo Octane suppressor reduced the recoil and of course the sound but did not seem to impact accuracy at all.

After seeing their work I will most likely be sending my Marlin 357 Lever to them to be converted to one of my favorite calibers, 10MM.
Absolutely awesome work Ranger Precision!!

Another great day at the range with the classic big bore.

1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tha-whack!

Reactions: moofy07 and Blaine

·
Registered
480 Posts
Cool setup. I wish I lived in a free county up here in NY, we're not allowed to say the word "suppressor ". I was looking at a pistol in a LGS last week the was threaded and it was for sale, but only to LEO's.

1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool setup. I wish I lived in a free county up here in NY, we're not allowed to say the word "suppressor ". I was looking at a pistol in a LGS last week the was threaded and it was for sale, but only to LEO's.
Well fingers crossed that the Safe Hearing Act bill gets passed! Then everyone can enjoy quieter shooting.

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
I agree but I won't hold my breath. Even then the communist run states will ban them like they do AR style rifles.

·
Super Moderator
11,835 Posts
That's pretty cool, thanks for sharing. Good to know there is enough barrel thickness to thread it to 5/8-28, I was thinking a .44 or .45 would have to go with .578-28 threads.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Next time you're in the south of south, send me a p.m. We can take a field trip. :biggrin:

Reactions: moofy07

·
Registered
47 Posts
curious about the thread pitch and why for this and the octane 45? Would 5/8 x24 worked? Asking because I have the fixed barrel mount for the octane in that. Just curious how you arrived at 9/16x24

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
Nice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts