Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been loading ftx bullets in for my 35 remmy with H4895 with good results. Looking to load some rounds for plinking and would like to stay with the same powder if possible. I was looking at Hornady .357 bullets and would like to know the recommended load for these bullets with this powder.
158 HP-XTP
180 HP-XTP

I will be plinking at 75 yards or less. Thanks
Edit: I wanted to add that I have an RCBS FL Die Set and a Lee Classic Cast Press

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice, I will pick up a pound and try it out. Anybody else have any others that work well also?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Swany, could 4895 be used with a normal load with the 158's? If so what sort of load is safe?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks, I think I might try the 180g bullet, is the load the same with the 4895 as the 335?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
35 remington:

My thought process is the same as yours, cheap bullet, light charge for fun shooting. I enjoy shooting the rifle but it can get pricey loading it with regular bullets. I have a box of the 158 grain hornady bullets (which I got 100 for $15.99). The furthest I will be shooting the lower powered rounds would be 75 yards. I havent thought about lead bullets, but if its that much cheaper Im game. Thanks again for the advice, and I havent gotten a book yet due to the fact that Im only loading for the 35 at this point, once I start loading for the 270, the 40, and the 45 I'll be making the investment.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I tried out some 158 grain pistol rounds, shot well and no issues with feeding

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.