Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent yesterday evening and this morning with a good friend hunting, fishing and reliving our exploits when we were younger. This morning as we were leaving camp this abomination showed up, wasn't sure if the SBH in 45 Long Colt was up to to task but it proved to have the power needed to anchor this critter to the groud.

Armadillo Cingulata Auto part Metal

·
Premium Member
6,591 Posts
Leprosy i not half the man i used to be oh why did i get leprosy.
Handling armadillers is why i would not touch them critters.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yep see them once in a while. More East of us though closer to Georgia. Good kill!

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
As a northerner, not having them in my neck of the woods... I think they are one ugly looking possum

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Pig Ninja,
I can testify that if you hit them critters with a Hornady 210 gr. XTP (.41 mag) launched by a healthy dose of WW 296 from a Marlin 94 CCL - they will EXPLODE!
Interesting performance and it makes things easier for Mother's sanitation department on the cleanup side.

WYT-P
Skyhunter

·
Premium Member
10,536 Posts
I know you are joking when you said "wasn't sure if the SBH in 45 Long Colt was up to the task" I have killed several with 38s and one with a 380 I shot one, one morning with my 35 rem. model 8 in the yard. I had came back from deer hunting and my wife's little dog ran it under my handloading house. I stood on the other side and she poked a stick under and the varmint ran out the other side I blew him apart and that thing was full of worms! what a mess,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Premium Member
8,044 Posts
Pig Ninja,
I can testify that if you hit them critters with a Hornady 210 gr. XTP (.41 mag) launched by a healthy dose of WW 296 from a Marlin 94 CCL - they will EXPLODE!
Interesting performance and it makes things easier for Mother's sanitation department on the cleanup side.

WYT-P
Skyhunter
thats what I'm talkin about, It would be fun to shoot with my watermelon smashers

·
Super Moderator
14,099 Posts
I shoot them all the time with a 22 rifle. I have a old Marlin 989 with a scope on it that has killed many of them. Like MSUDAWG said if you hit them just right they will jump straight up into the air and can jump pretty high. I leave them laying where I shoot them and the buzzard's are on them within just a few minutes most days.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.