Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't even opened the mag yet, but I was walking through Sportman's Warehouse and saw the Headline. I actually started to walk away before it actually sunk into my thick skull. I turned around and confirmed what my mind was telling me that my eyeballs saw. Amazing! With a headline like that it can't be a hate article. I'll report back after looking at the article.:biggrin:

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Great article. Big thumbs up. Written by Jack Ballard, he has been hunting the West with the 444 for 30 years. He writes about the natural aiming and some shots at respectable ranges for a 444. Well, I do not want to spoil it for people and so I'll stop explaining the article. It's about a 444, it's in print, it's written by somebody who knows of what they speak, it's not negative and it's raining here in Arizona right now. WEIRD

·
Registered
919 Posts
Way Cool what wouldn't a 444 Kill. Widow

·
Registered
839 Posts
A gun writer not jumping on the exploits of the latest whiz-bang magnum bolt gun sniper wanna be rig, but writing of a venerable classic big bore? Rain in July in AZ? The apocalypse is upon us!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. I have looking all over the internet for 444 articles. Seems that now that have one, I can't read enough each night. This obsession may just be unstoppable.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
Pretty decent article. There are a few errors regarding dates and lineage, but nothing critical.

I don't know who screwed up, but Wolfe Publishing sent me EIGHT copies of that issue. I got two a day, four days in a row. (I would offer them to members here, but I already gave away the extras.)

And then the next week, I got two copies of Handloader per day, for three days. (I subscribe to the trifecta: Rifle / Hunter / Handloader.)

:dontknow:

·
Registered
450 Posts
FM Getting a lottery ticket might not be a bad idea..

·
Registered
10,159 Posts
I haven't even opened the mag yet, but I was walking through Sportman's Warehouse and saw the Headline. I actually started to walk away before it actually sunk into my thick skull. I turned around and confirmed what my mind was telling me that my eyeballs saw. Amazing! With a headline like that it can't be a hate article. I'll report back after looking at the article.:biggrin:
Any possibility on scanning and e-mailing that article? I can't seem to find that magazine around anywhere by me.

·
Administrator
28,299 Posts
I'm heading down the hill tomorrow and will definitely swing by Sportsman's Warehouse to pick up a copy. Great to see Lever's grace the pages of gun rags, even better when the grace the cover and the mighty 444 is more than worthy of such an honor.

Now regarding rain in July... sounds like the monsoon season is a tad early. Possibly an omen proving to be a wet one this year. I remember all to well some of the monsoon's in Henderson, NV and the incredible flash floods.

Jack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts