Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The damage has been done, even though his "tweets" have been "taken down" now.... I'm not quite sure exactly what Mr Mendenhall was trying to say, but what I feel he was saying really stinks! Everyone has freedom of speech and I'd suppose "freedom of twitter" too. It's just a darn shame some people can't tell the difference between exercising their rights and making a complete a$$ of themselves....

If I ran the Steelers organization, he'd never play another down nor set foot in that facility again.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ndenhall-needs-to-apologize-and-delete-tweets

I wonder if Mendenhall ever heard the name Pat Tillman before??

·
Registered
583 Posts
Re: Stupid is as stupid does....

Agreed. Believe it or not, there are quite a few folks out there who believe Bin Laden was not the master mind behind 9/11 but rather the US government was. Reading his tweets leads me to believe he's one of those.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
Re: Stupid is as stupid does....

I scanned through the article from the link in 336ER's post. Mendenhall is an idiot. While I don't relish or celebrate the death of any human being, I can see cause for celebration in the brave actions of our Military, the clean execution of a clear and concise operation, and the literal end of an era for islamic extremists. My kids are in their early 20's now, and have been exposed to the war on terrorism for roughly 1/2 of their lives - - for them to see this facet of that war come to fruition is a wonderful thing. Unfortunately it isn't over - - far from it, and until our troops all come home, this war on terror will continue to fester and drain the economy of the United States.

All of that is pretty well beside the point.

But then, here comes Mendenhall, making broad, general statements. I can see him saying that somebody's death should not be celebrated. We should not necessarily be celebrating the death of an individual, but rather celebrating our Military, our intel network, our perseverance, our determination and resolve, and the end of Osama's reign of terror. I have mixed emotions regarding how to "celebrate" Osama's demise. From that, I can sort of understand Mendenhall's comment.

But his other comments regarding the planes causing the Towers to come down are proof positive that he is a complete f#%* tard. It doesn't really say what his course of curriculum was in college, at least, not that I could find; but, I suspect he doesn't have much, if any, background in structural engineering, avionics, physics, or anything else that requires more than a semester or two of underwater basket weaving.

Regarding his tweets, some things should be left thought, but unsaid. Like I said earlier, he is a f#%*tard. As far as him playing football anymore, at least it keeps him off the streets, out of the welfare line, and otherwise being another drain on our already burdened economy.

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
I can only imagine the "boo-birds" voicing their opinions at his future games. This will not be forgotten for some time by NFL fans or for that matter, the storied Steeler organization.

bjm

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
This week, R. Mendenhall lost an endorsment deal with the company Champion, a sports clothing corporation. Too bad ... so sad ;D.

bjm

·
Banned
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
bigjeepman said:
This week, R. Mendenhall lost an endorsment deal with the company Champion, a sports clothing corporation. Too bad ... so sad ;D.

bjm
Along with a funeral held out at sea, that makes two pieces of info I've been glad to hear. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts