Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a new 336C in 35 Rem. It's my first rifle I've ever had that is completely mine and it shoots great.

I don't have a lot of time to send for the owners manual because I'm leaving here in a couple weeks. I need to give it a good cleaning before I go so could anyone fill me in on its general disassembly?

It's my first lever-action rifle I've ever shot but its already my favorite gun!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the "club".
Open lever half way (after making sure it is unloaded, of course).
Take screw out of lever.
Pull lever down and out.
Pull bolt all the way back out of the rear.
Look inside, you will see what looks like a spring towards the rear of the receiver on the opposite side, pull it off and out.
Now you can clean from rear of rifle.
Reassemble in opposite order.
Good luck,
Ranger

·
Registered
158 Posts
Jump over to the Big Bore Rifle side of this here fine establishment and look for "Putting Parts In Your Marlin." The 336 and the 1895's have just a few slight differences, but those won't hold you back. It's usually parts differences due to cartridge size, or in the way the magazine tube hangs onto the barrel. :D

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Good info from Ranger and RS, allow me to add a comment or two:

When you begin removing the bolt from the receiver the spring that Ranger spoke of can fall from the receiver. This is the ejector spring- sorta looks like a funny pair of tweezers. This spring has a way of falling out and hiding never to be seen again so be sure you hold the receiver over a large surface so if it falls out you will see it.

SS

·
Premium Member
3,589 Posts
Had to quit shooting early one time when I dissassembled a rifle in the field to fix a jam. The spring disapeared into the gravel and was gone. Now I lay out a blanket to work on if I am out and about, space blanket if I am away from my truck. Suprising how well they can bounce.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts