Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lucas Gerhard, 20, was studying criminal justice at Lake Superior State University in Michigan with the goal of becoming a law enforcement officer. On August 23, 2019, Lucas posted a photo of his lawfully purchased and registered AR-15 to a select group of snapchat friends, writing, “This oughta make the snowflakes melt, aye? And I mean snowflakes as in snow.” Lucas was almost immediately arrested and charged with making a terrorist threat, which is a felony and could bring a sentence of 20 years in prison. GPM spoke to Lucas’ father, retired Marine Colonel Mark Gerhard, about what happened. - Teresa Mull

Here’s what Col. Gerhard had to say in his own words: Lucas is a very conservative young man, and he’s very vocal about it. He’s not one to shy away and back down from an argument. In today’s college environment, where seemingly a majority of the student body and a lot of the educators are trending liberal, Lucas found himself in a rolling dog fight up there his first two years. He’s had a lot of run-ins with various progressive activists up there. It’s a small school — there are only roughly 2,000 students. Lucas was going up there for Criminal Justice — Law Enforcement. He wants to be a cop, and they have a great program. He fought through a lot of roadblocks. ...

Read more: https://www.gunpowdermagazine.com/student-spends-83-days-in-jail-faces-terrorism-charges-20-years-in-prison-for-posting-photo-of-ar-15-to-snapchat/?fbclid=IwAR3IlHN1jcR_7XP7m_Iz6NKCwctACez9DFHoC5lOzXpEH8A861kv32H5adQ

·
Registered
7,254 Posts
Talking about guns on social media is the modern day equivalent of being a heretic. I doubt they will be able to make those charges stick but it all depends on everything else that he has posted and said. Sounds like he has been in a battle all along. The story does not really give us the true context. That said, I find it disturbing that his post is considered "terrorism" while the liberal crowd post out right threats and do not get called out for it.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
“I seen the picture, and when he said like make the snowflakes melt, it kind of made me assume that, um, kind of like as with the gun and shoot other civilians and stuff with it,”

·
Premium Member
13,363 Posts
Unless he has made outright threats and it can be proven, I don't see a case against him. Unless there is a lot more that isn't in this story.

If what is posted is the total extent of the charges I think he'll walk. Then he should sue for wrongful arrest.

This burns me up in ways I can even come close to expressing here.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
If this kid, an Eagle Scout with aspirations of a career in law enforcement, does not get the case dismissed. His future is ruined, he will never be able to become a cop and his 2A rights will be denied.

Lucas’ father Mark, who is a retired Marine colonel that has worked for many years in the federal government, told Big League Politics that he understands why the campus would take a possible threat so seriously. What he doesn’t understand is why prosecutors would continue pursuing such a case when it is abundantly clear that his son poses no threat to public safety. As the case develops, it is becoming clear that the intent is to make a statement and strip Lucas of his constitutional liberties forever.
Justice for Lucas Go Fund Me

https://www.gofundme.com/f/justice-for-lucas-g

·
Premium Member
All kinds. Enamored of their mechanisms!
10,923 Posts
It's liberals who should be sheltered in an asylum for extreme schizophrenia delusional paranoia and false accusations! He clearly stated 'snow' from what I read. He needs to get a REAL lawyer to represent him and sue the stuffings out of the college , state attorney, and possibly the police agency involved.

Civility seems to have become extinct in our society. Has the earth shifted on it's axis? Everything is becoming upside down, wrong is right and right is wrong. Releasing felony illegal aliens on their on recognizance?!?! These situations are becoming critical.

AC

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Sometimes it is best to keep your mouth shut until you are out of an oppressive environment, especially when you are outnumbered. Liberals, progressives and American Stalinists are especially dangerous as congenital and very well practiced liars.
While at my age I agree with you. I wouldn't have at this young man's age. I am not sure if that is good or bad.

Padraig

·
Registered
10,900 Posts
He is in trouble over this BS, yet the dems can lie on open media about Trump & get by with it...:bandit:

·
Registered
15,899 Posts
Try location, course offerings and price. Boy wants to be a cop.
Surely there is an alternative to a liberal campus, especially for law enforcement studies. Flags should have gone up from the start on this place...a transfer may be in order. Why give them your money? Shop around, like we do for everything else.
R/Griff

·
Registered
824 Posts
The boy needs an entire team of the very best lawyers. This needs to be dismissed and expunged. Then his lawyers need to sue everyone involved in this utter travesty.
It is long past the point of being civil and passive in this country. The left has nothing but absolute disdain for us and will use every vile tactic they can come up with against us. They are quite obviously over the top crazy. It is high time for the sane people in the US to take an unwavering stand. It is either that, or live in slavery.

·
Premium Member
7,766 Posts
this is exactly where these red flag laws will be heading............................soon we will have to abandon this forum as it will be used against us. just a matter of time

1 - 20 of 22 Posts