Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm off work this week due to an illness but it couldn't keep me from reloading some rounds for the range today. Up at 5:00 AM, coffee and I got to it. I loaded multiple boxes of each of these rounds, some with multiple bullet types.

38 Special
45 ACP
45 COLT
44 MAG
444 Marlin
45-70
458 Win Mag

Here were three nickel cased rounds: 38 Special - 45-70 - 458 win Mag

The line up

Some 44 Mag with Hornady 300gr XTP

My Spreadsheet with multiple loads I like & use

My man cave is above the garage - I spend A lot of time there!

Although under the weather I was able to stay productive in something I really enjoy..... I am a happy camper.

1895gunner

·
Registered
11,573 Posts
:congrats::congrats:Good job Scott!!:beer:

Reactions: 1895Gunner

·
Premium Member
13,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Forgot to add that I also cleaned a couple of heavy use marlins.

The 1894P and the 1895G. Also put this new sling on the Ruger No. 1 Tropical in 458 Win Mag. I picked it up at the Orlando gun show last week. Beautiful Cape Buffalo leather and GemsBok hide.

1895gunner

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Sounds like a fun day at the work bench and Loading press. Will be even more fun at the range shooting the rounds you loaded.

Enjoy the Journey
444GS2

·
Registered
839 Posts
Marlin makes a ported 45 ACP?

·
Registered
839 Posts
Camp 9 with a drill or mill... Just saying. :biggrin:

1895gunner
I figured that if you were involved, the old where there's a will there's a way, might get one done! :)

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
1895Gunner that's one impressive bench and brass trays you got there. Wow! Makes my reloading bench (teachers desk) look like a teachers desk lol.

If you need some more 405's to feed the 45-70 or 458 let me know;).

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
1895Gunner,

I'm jealous! You've got a window! My man cave is a really cave like corner of our windowless basement. Nice set up! I've been doing a bit of reloading after work but have only managed about 150 rounds of 38 S&W (not special) the last couple of evenings. Running in to balloon head cases and different rim sizes and primer sizes really slows you down! I might feel a little "illness" coming on myself so I can catch up on some other calibers.

Hope you're back up to snuff soon!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
NICE!!!! Im jelous as well.... My reloading/casting room is a storage shed. I had to sell my home when I wasnt able to work any more... You have a nice home there Scott

Doc

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm so jealous, (not because you are sick, get well soon): 1. you have a man cave (I'm lucky to have a closet), 2. you have reloading equipment, 3. you bought a .458WM (I only got to shoot one once). Nice job and good luck (Oh and you live in Orlando).

·
Premium Member
8,595 Posts
Great lookin sling you got Gunner :congrats: Nice house too....

Hey that spreadsheet is something you made up, or how does one do that? Is it a program or some such, and is it your actual loads or catalog loads? Just trying to find out if iys something I could do/make up for me.?...????

Feel better buddy, glad you felt "good enuff" to do some loadin....

Hope'ya Get better Super quick!!! :tee:
BloodGroove4570

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I'm off work this week due to an illness but it couldn't keep me from reloading some rounds for the range today. Up at 5:00 AM, coffee and I got to it. I loaded multiple boxes of each of these rounds, some with multiple bullet types.

38 Special
45 ACP
45 COLT
44 MAG
444 Marlin
45-70
458 Win Mag

Here were three nickel cased rounds: 38 Special - 45-70 - 458 win Mag

http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/1895gunner/media/Reloading/photo-8_zps7afb335f.jpg.html

The line up

http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/1895gunner/media/Reloading/photo-10_zps5cdc797f.jpg.html

Some 44 Mag with Hornady 300gr XTP

http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/1895gunner/media/Reloading/photo-4_zps749ec204.jpg.html

My Spreadsheet with multiple loads I like & use

http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/1895gunner/media/Reloading/photo-5_zps472583b0.jpg.html

My man cave is above the garage - I spend A lot of time there!

http://s1102.photobucket.com/user/1895gunner/media/Reloading/photo-6_zps71d1152b.jpg.html

Although under the weather I was able to stay productive in something I really enjoy..... I am a happy camper.

1895gunner
Nice lookin line up there Scott , and Fer Sure" That Is A Nice Looking House Ya got there .... Love that Big~0 Porch and the Dormer's on top :tee:

Dave

·
Premium Member
18,171 Posts
Now THAT'S what a man-cave should be! Well-lit, slightly isolated yet accessible, and well-stocked. I salute you!

·
Registered
6,784 Posts
Sheeeesh! You have been busy Scott! I'm not sure I could get all of that done in a day. That's a lot of set-ups on the presses and man oh man, I am probably anal when it comes to cleaning my guns but if I can do three in an entire day I am doing good.

I was dead to the world this morning at 0500 hours. I walked 18 holes pulling a bagcart behind me yesterday and that's like injecting me with a horse tranquilizer come bed time.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.