Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped in at the shop where I found my 39TDS some years ago. Two interesting .35s, one a 1955 short magazine, perch belly forend with a Marlin 5x scope, the other a really clean 1966 model. Fair prices. What to do. . .

·
Banned
3,041 Posts
Bless yer heart. ;)

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
zuikowarrior said:
Stopped in at the shop where I found my 39TDS some years ago. Two interesting .35s, one a 1955 short magazine, perch belly forend with a Marlin 5x scope, the other a really clean 1966 model. Fair prices. What to do. . .
Are you serious asking that question here? ;D

My answer is to ask you which one you're buying. One of them has to be going home with you. Marlinitis must be served.

·
Registered
9,157 Posts
One goes home now, the other has to set till lay-a-way time is over. ;) DP

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
You know ya want 'em! See if they'll make a package deal if you buy both.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Sound like you could be short on discretionary funds.... ;D

·
Premium Member
7,974 Posts
Sell the lawn mower, your tools, your ladder, and your first born ... and go buy them both ;D. They both sound like very fine rifles from what I consider Marlin's Golden Age (don't get excited people ... just my opinion) in the 50's and 60's.

bjm

·
Registered
9,455 Posts
You had better get them both. They deserve to have a good home, with someone to love and care for them. If you don't take both of them, they may suffer from separation anxiety. :eek:

I never met a Marlin I didn't like, but then I never met a pseudo-Marlin (Remlin).

Attachments

·
Administrator
23,800 Posts
I think the best advice was given, both on a package deal.

Restore the 55, for cast bullet status it is likely a ballard bbl, use the 66 for a hunter/shooter.

·
Premium Member
2,031 Posts
You should give me the name and phone number of the shop. ::) ;D

·
Premium Member
9,465 Posts
What could I have been thinking suggesting that he pick only one. I am ashamed of myself. Please forgive me. :eek:

·
Registered
797 Posts
O Yeah, sounds like a struggle to me... get em both, and your struggles will be over.

But if I had to choose between the two, I'd get the 66 model.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts