Marlin Firearms Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
The Glock striker is under compressed spring tension and nearly all the way to the rear before the trigger is depressed. In pulling the trigger the striker is pulled back only a small additional amount in order for it to clear the firing pin safety. It's pulled back just enough for that and no further. Once the safety moves to allow a clear path for the striker, the striker is released.
Study up, your getting warmer!

Reactions: drinva

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I'm not warm, I'm right on. If you think the Glock firing pin spring is not compressed and held compressed as the slide moves forward into battery then you need to do the studying up.

Glock has done all the marketing they can to make it sound like their pistol has three safeties. Fact is it only has one safety and that's the tiny little lever in the front of the trigger. But, since that's deactivated by anything pressing against the trigger, it's useless as a safety.

In my mind it isn't a safety unless it prevents the firearm from discharging when the trigger is pulled. There is nothing on or in a Glock pistol to prevent it from discharging if the trigger is accidentally engaged. Accidentally drag a finger over the trigger, catch it on some clothing, bump it with equipment and it will go off just like a cocked revolver. Accidents happen and safeties are used to reduce the potential for an accident resulting in an unintended discharge. That's why the US military required a thumb actuated safety on the recently fielded M17 and M18 even though they are striker fired pistols.

If someone wanted a striker fired pistol with a safety then Sig's civilian version of the M17, the P320-M17, would be a good choice.

m17-ms-left_3.jpg

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
I would like to ask a multiple choice question, please choose:

What is the personal bodily safety difference between carrying these two firearms, both have external safety's:

Hammer fired double action, hammer down pistol with a 10lb trigger and an external safety OFF

Striker fired double action pistol with a 10lb trigger and an external safety OFF

A. It's Trumps fault we got into this

B. They are EQUAL

C. No one needs to understand their carry weapon

DR

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
What brand of striker has a honest 10 pound trigger? I honestly would like to know.

·
Registered
350 Posts
All of these fine choices available to us, and some of y’all just gotta be stubborn and exclude choices due to perceived bias. :laugh:

Other than budgetary constraints, I see no reason to shun perfectly fine pistols ...

F8E173A9-3A1D-4727-83D0-B06A14178FF0.jpeg

I’ll give ‘em a home. ;)

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
What brand of striker has a honest 10 pound trigger? I honestly would like to know.
Smith and Wesson SD40VE or SD9VE

Kahr CW45

Beretta Nano

Here is three for you.

DR

Reactions: electricmo

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Smith and Wesson SD40VE or SD9VE

Kahr CW45

Here is two, need more?

DR
I guess I kind of forgot about double action pull weights on striker pistols. Thanks for pointing those out. Funny thing is I used to own a 9mm sigma long ago and got rid of it because of the poor trigger. I guess that's what age does.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts