Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
man Friday my sinus started draining, by Saturday I had a sore throat and flu symptoms, Sunday I thought about going to the emergency room! but I held off till Monday till I could see my doctor. he gave me, or rather sold me, amoxicillin. I feel way better now and I have only took 3 so far. I have never had strep before and I do not ever want it again! it cut into my deer hunting,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
10,902 Posts
I am glad you are feeling better.

Reactions: OLSKOOL

·
Super Moderator
26,234 Posts
Damn, that's a major bummer! I've never had it but have friends and family that have and they said it was horrible.

Take care and kill it to feel better.

Jack

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank ya'll, yea it ain't no picnic. when I say I want to go see a doctor it is real. I have no idea how I got it God knows it wasn't from working to hard! my wife is a cafeteria manager at a government school, what ever the kids get I get! my wife is a carrier like typhoid merry, but she never gets sick just me! she can retire soon, I can't wait!

·
Registered
19,685 Posts
Wife says the same about me...I rarely get sick, just bring it home to her! Glad you're feelin' better!

·
Registered
29,554 Posts
You got the ga-na-na!

Stay away from us!

ca'jun56

·
Registered
14,837 Posts
It's a bummer.
I have had it, and I took the same Amoxicillin. It worked for me, make sure you complete the dosage.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
I have had it many times. It ain’t fun!

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Yep. like old wound said don't skip any or stop early. Glad you got checked out that is not something you want to leave untreated.

·
Registered
8,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank ya'll again! no I will take it all! I don't want this plague to return,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
thank ya'll, yea it ain't no picnic. when I say I want to go see a doctor it is real. I have no idea how I got it God knows it wasn't from working to hard! my wife is a cafeteria manager at a government school, what ever the kids get I get! my wife is a carrier like typhoid merry, but she never gets sick just me! she can retire soon, I can't wait!
mine is a nurse, does care in the community now, never gets anything and swears she did not bring it home ??? I am in the woods all day on my own Now I wonder how I got to get it. Dose up stay warm and sleep it off, try and fight it off and it will really bite you butt. Keep well Gar.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Knock on wood, haven’t had it in years, but it felt like I drank gasoline and lit it on fire! Get well

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
A man told me a long time ago how to fight off a sickness and be better the next day. He said when you get sick go to the liquor store and get a bottle of the cheapest wine you can find then go home and heat up the wine on the stove and drink the whole bottle of heated wine, go to bed and when you wake up you will be laying in a puddle of sweat but your sickness will be gone. I have never tried it just repeating his remedy. LOL

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Sorry to hear that my friend. I hope you get over it soon.

In the early 2000's - I ran through an antibiotics resistant strain of Strep. I had strep for over 1 full month.. I just had to grind it out till my body figured it out and clobbered it... I was so miserable and it went on and on and on... Everybody at work hated me because there I was sick as a dog at work.... But of course the Dr. didn't release me from work... and I needed the money so I couldn't just lay out.....

But since then - I have NEVER had more than a scratchy throat for a couple days from Strep. The wife is a school teacher and I have 2 young kids in school - so it hits my house like clockwork about 3x a year.... It's funny - I would go to the Dr. for a sinus infection while the kids are rolling around with strep.... He would test me - Oh, you have strep.... I would tell the doctor about my bout and how it wasn't bothering me and would heal up in a day or two... "Oh - we better get you on meds....". I would take the steroids for the sinus infection and skip the antibiotics and would be feeling fine 2-days later while everybody else in the house and at work is laid up....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts