Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I reload, I feel more at pece, calm, and relaxed. After working at my job i'm so wound up. But after I get home and start realoding I feel at pece, restful, and calmer. Do any of you have that happen to you. Rob

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
I enjoy reloading every bit as much as shooting. Some times your trip to the range turns out disapointing. But while your reloading you just know this batch is going to be the one holers. :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
I can echo everything said so far. I love reloading, and casting also. It is a great stress reliever and takes one's mind off the daily BS that forever tries to keep us down.

"Don't let anyone or anything ever steal away your joy"

·
Registered
37 Posts
BamBams said:
I can echo everything said so far. I love reloading, and casting also. It is a great stress reliever and takes one's mind off the daily BS that forever tries to keep us down.

"Don't let anyone or anything ever steal away your joy"
Bambams:

Yes you just said it !!!

It is all part of the experience of focusing, concentration, left alone, building your next perfect day at the range or field.

Bojon

·
Registered
25 Posts
Eleven years ago I had cancer and had to have chemotherapy once a month for six months. After the first session I arranged to have as many fired cases as I could ready for the next session. The day after the chemo, as soon as I felt well enough, I would start to decap those cases. It gave me something to do which took my mind off how I was feeling and helped me to get through. I am still alive, shooting and reloading

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
Good post.When I was living in my Fifthwheel I had it all set up to reload on the spot.We now have a bigger place but I left all my stuff out there where I can go out and be in my own world reloading with no distractions.As you said it is really relaxing and your mind has to be on what your doing and your enjoying every minute of it.

Jayco.

·
Registered
719 Posts
yup.........

I too like to re-load, something about the clean new shells all stacked that makes me feel good. and if i make the lead bullets, then lube them, and load them, it's even better!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I get that peaceful feeling too. I think it has to do with the focus that goes into reloading safely that I just sort of forget what's going on around me. Of course during baseball season I love to reload and listen to Dodger Baseball on the radio. Then I am usually happy and relaxed. Better still is when my son joins me and we load and listend to the ballgame.

Sometime though I find it hard to shoot the buggers once I've loaded 'em up. This is espeacially true with pistol ammo. Not sure why I have a parental feeling about loaded cartridges but I do. Usually a good day at the range cures that feeling.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts