Marlin Firearms Forum banner

Strange Pig

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  capt greg 
#1 ·
See all sorts of things in woods hogs anymore, between escaped livestock, people stocking hogs on hunting leases, released/escaped pets, and other ridiculous goodies. Have seen a few here around the house that obviously have some Vietnamese Pot Belly in them, really short noses (the guilt below is among those), shorter legs, pot bellied.

Latest one is bit odd though. Not a lot of white bloodline in our Piney Woods stock down here in the south. And, while there are white hogs around, fellow raises them across the river in fact, they are big meat type hogs, Chester Whites, Landraces, and crosses thereof. This guy is obviously Piney Woods Rooter through and through, because when you put him up beside one of our resident wild black pigs, they are identical except for color. Not sure if this is a recessive gene run wild, whether he's albino or what. But, definitely different!!

See less See more
#5 ·
Yup, and pork tenderloin.

Jack

#4 ·
Yeah, trying to sort them all out was interesting. The cold front that pushed in late last week cranked the hogs up here, like you can't begin to imagine. Had 2 to 4 coming in at the neighbor's nothing here at the house. Cold front moved in early Thursday morning, and it ticked up then. There was at least 8, possibly more in there Thursday and Friday night, 86 pictures of hogs feeding, 1 to 5 at a time, so many pictures I can't tell where the pigs started over, but they did start over, because this one was in around 10 , and again about 3. And, I had up to 4 - 5 here at the house. Front passed Saturday, I had two come in before midnight, knocked one down, but he managed to get back up and I lost him in the swamp. Last night I was back to 2 at the neighbors, one at 10:15 pm, the other at 5:06 am, and nothing but deer here at the house.

#7 ·
Better not let the dems see this pic.... the pigs TOO white!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.