Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just started noticing these vertical marks on the shoulders of my 30-30 brass.

Happens during the decapping/resizing phase. I use the Lee hand press and dies. Marks are about 1/16th of an inch wide, don't seem to go all the way round the brass. I looked up inside the decapper and could not see anything that might be causing this.

I am leery about using this brass now and if I can't find the cause of the problem I am going to end up buying a new die from Lee.

I will try and post pictures soon (my camera phone wasn't cutting it).

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
Hipshot said:
Probably dents from too much lube. They would be safe to shoot !

Hip
That's what I would guess, too. Not a problem, though... load them up and shoot!

I usually clean my resizer before I start a session, clean out all the crusty old lube and such, and then maybe lighten up on the lube a little (...just a little, I'd rather have dents than a stuck case!)

·
Premium Member
12,566 Posts
If there is a problem with the die I'm sure Lee will replace or repair it, but it does sound like lune marks. I'd like to see a picture.

·
Premium Member
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the response' I will give the die a good cleaning and am still trying to find the correct usb to upload pictures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts