Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have friend looking for a Marlin 336 in 35rem. He wants a straight stock and crossbolt safety. Shortest barrel as possible.

Did Marlin make one of these guns in this configuration in the past???

·
Premium Member
1,457 Posts
Marlin has made a couple of versions with 18.5" barrels in stainless and blued, regular and laminated stocks. Search the Gunsamerica website for "35 Rem" and you should be able to see some examples, like this one:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Jayhawker!

I think if he could locate a blued version of this gun it could find itself a new home!

Its too bad Marlin does not make any other current configurations in 35 rem.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Somebody had a 336D for sale recently on this forum. Its straight stocked, blued, 18" barrel.

Also, try searching here or somewhere like Gunbroker.com or Gunsamerica.com. Sometimes they come up.

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
I just bought a 1971 336 .35 rem straight stock for Auction Arms for $300 and I believe there was another one on there if not sold yet. Also there was one on Ebay Last night (3/2/6).
fknipfer

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Here is a pic of both my 336SS .35 and 336D, which is a .35 as well, with a blue finish. I call 'em the sisters.

SS

[/url]

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
How about the Bobsy twins. But they are really beautiful guns.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Absolutely, you can shorten barrels -- magazines as well. Not a complex task in the hands of a competent smith. I have seen several that look great, and are formed to the specs of the buyer. Not a bad idea.

Thanks fknipfer, I'm trying to raise the right.

SS

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I thought ebay didn't sell guns??
cw

·
Premium Member
1,409 Posts
I meant Gunbroker.com, I had a 60's moment.

fknipfer

·
Registered
71 Posts
Haven't seen a 336ss straight stock around here yet,BUT when I do it's gonna be hard not to buy one. :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts