Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
The SxS Coach Gun and Uplander are made by E. R. Amantino in Brazil. I believe the semiauto and pump guns are made in Turkey with Italian barrels.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Mostly Turkey from everything I've seen.

·
Banned
2,894 Posts
As noted - they are usually made in either Brazil or Turkey. My model 2000 is made in Turkey. Stoeger is owned by Benelli which is owned by Beretta thus the "economy" models are made abroad while the high-end ones are Italian. :flute:

·
Premium Member
1,338 Posts
I purchased a new uplander with 20 & 28 gauge barrels awhile back. It was nothing but trouble. Rather than send it back a second time I put it in on a trade for a ruger blackhawk 44 hunter. Problem fixed. I've been around a few and noticed mixed results. They seem popular with the coach gun people. Good luck

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
Not an heirloom type of gun, a H&R single will outlast it.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I have the condor combo I purchased in 2005 with a 12 and 20 gauge barrel. I wanted an inexpensive shotgun at the time and yes it is made in Brazil, the only non US gun I own. I have about 2000 round thru it and it still functions fine. It is on the heavy side but for the price it is a good shooter for me with no problems.

Reactions: AlaskaDawg

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was given a P-350. Hate it. I will never buy another Stoeger of any kind, and have heard of other local people with issues as well. I keep it for its 3.5" Chamber. I consider it a single shot turkey gun. The rest of the year it sits. If it wasn't my habit to do so with all my guns, I'd say it isn't even worth it to clean the damn thing. Just let it rust out of it's own misery.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a Stoeger Condor II over-under in 20 ga. It was the last of an old run with no ribs between the barrels. It was a demo item that I later determined had been back to MD for repairs once before I bought it. Two trips to MD later I had gotten discouraged because it still misfired often, so I set it aside for several years.
I mentioned the gun to a new-found gunsmith who asked to give it a try. He simply fitted the new parts that the factory gunsmith @ MD had just dropped in, adjusted springs and the firing pin protrusion... problems solved.
My belief is that it is a good utility grade gun but that factory support is a joke. Maybe being made in Brazil is an important factor, but I don't think so. Then again, I probably wouldn't buy another one. :(

Oh yeah, I bought it to shoot a bunch of local informal skeet events to "save wear and tear" on my Model 90 OU 20 ga. Bad choice, but the M-90 still looks pretty good.

Froggie

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
My friend shoots a 28 guage double on doves and most people would be hard pressed to stay with him. I can't beleive how far out he kills the doves. Last year a dove that was hit landed in a bush a long way out so I cut loose with my benelli 20 guage and didn't have much effect so my buddy raises up the little double and feathers fly. DRT. I beleive he said he had a extra 20 guage barrel with it as a set. Oh I forgot to say it is a stoger.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
The Stoegers have come along way since I visted the plant in Turkey over 20 years ago. The current run of pumps and autos are Turkish made Benellis. I personally heard a lot of good things on the newer inertia diven Stoegers. My local gun dealer has sold many over the past two years. His personal favorite bird gun is a full camo version.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
I have the coach with the factory extra thick pad and glad it does. Breneke 12 gauge magnums are very noticed even tight into the shoulder. Mostly stays with a friend and loaded low recoil buck as her "I tried polite..." tool. She keeps some Brenneke slugs for if one the brown bear on her property is not nice. The big guy is healthy sized and makes my 8'8" bear look dainty. I might to sort that one out with the way things seem to be going which is a little sad as I like bears in general.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
A Stoeger………….WHY?

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
She does not work the pump without a jam and finds the semi auto complicated. She picked it from the options. It is also not too long in her estimate. She likes shooting it as started her out with light loads and slowly worked her up. Confident with handling and shooting it. Enjoys the practice and simple to check on the condition. I would buy her a Marlin 45-70 if she took to it but while she shoots it not for her. She does shoot the 30-30 and likes it but prefers the double as her shoulder firearm. Maybe this will change with more shooting but this is her choice for now. She loves shooting her 22 rifles and revolvers and the shotgun enough to have put in a range on her property. She and her friends also enjoy shooting an AR in 9mm as long as I feed it. No complaints.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I purchased a new uplander with 20 & 28 gauge barrels awhile back. It was nothing but trouble. Rather than send it back a second time I put it in on a trade for a ruger blackhawk 44 hunter. Problem fixed. I've been around a few and noticed mixed results. They seem popular with the coach gun people. Good luck

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have a Stoeger Condor II over-under in 20 ga. It was the last of an old run with no ribs between the barrels. It was a demo item that I later determined had been back to MD for repairs once before I bought it. Two trips to MD later I had gotten discouraged because it still misfired often, so I set it aside for several years.
I mentioned the gun to a new-found gunsmith who asked to give it a try. He simply fitted the new parts that the factory gunsmith @ MD had just dropped in, adjusted springs and the firing pin protrusion... problems solved.
My belief is that it is a good utility grade gun but that factory support is a joke. Maybe being made in Brazil is an important factor, but I don't think so. Then again, I probably wouldn't buy another one. :(

Oh yeah, I bought it to shoot a bunch of local informal skeet events to "save wear and tear" on my Model 90 OU 20 ga. Bad choice, but the M-90 still looks pretty good.

Froggie
UPDATE:

Well, after about 250 rounds (by me + the 100 or so from the 'smith testing it when he thought he had it fixed) it's back to its old bad habit of denting the primer of the upper shell without setting it off. AAARRRRRRGGHHH, this thing is frustrating. I'm going to buy a couple more Model 90s and just shoot them until they wear out! :(

Green Frog (turning RED with anger and frustration!)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.