Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Posting a picture of my 444P and just wanted to comment on the stock mismatch. The butt stock is a deep dark brown, while the forearm is more of a reddish brown. I wouldn't change it due to this is the way it came from the factory and adds to it's character. I was wondering how common this is?

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
It does happen time to time, I just don't see it a whole lot. Purely cosmetic and it don't hurt a thing as long as your ok with it.

Like the Garden Party song says : "You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself."

Oh, I forgot, Good Morning and Welcome to the Marlin Owners.

·
Registered
11,600 Posts
I've seen some rifles before with a noticeable mismatch, more so in the type of grain being really different than color as much though, but this is the first 444P I've seen with colors like that. I have no idea how common all this may be though. My 444P seems to have a somewhat lighter wood color than my other Marlins, but both pieces match... also younger than my others by a bit and may play into that. Enjoy...

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Nice rifle, looks good with the furniture it has so don't worry, she's a beauty! :congrats:

·
Premium Member
349 Posts
Very nice...and welcome to the Forum from South Jersey

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
Looks good to me also,:tee: and. Yes hello & Welcome to the group from a small bluff in W TN. Glad you found us, and by all meams show us that first Marlin of yours. As we here at MO are some photo hawgs, we just love 'em. Pictures and of course the Marlins.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts