Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm new to this forum, however, i already got a very valuable info about trigger mod. Now my trigger is 1.25 Lb, light like a child's breath, thanks a lot. Grouping is... 5 bullets from 25 yards and i see only one hole not much bigger than a bullet's diameter.

Now the stock question. I know it was discussed a 1,000 times on this forum, but i spent 2 days researching it and only got more confused.
I like Microfit stock, but no 925 is available. The only available options are Model 882 & 982 (all variations), 25MN, 17V, 917V. Which one is going to be the best feet for my 925R? I'm handy with tools and minor adjustment is not going to be a problem.
Really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I believe out of those choices the 25mn is going to be the closest to your 925. You may have to drill a rear action screw hole, but otherwise it should be a perfect fit. If you have a number I'd give them a call before you order.

james

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually i emailed them with this question and only after 5 days they answer :"Unfortunately we don't make stocks for that model."
No other emails were replayed :-\

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The 25 MN is a magnum model, is it going to fit.
To add to my confusion, Boyd in one of the posts advertised his 917 stock and mentioned it would fit the 925, however, i could not find any addition confirmation/reference.
For the same question from the Boyd's customer service they replayed:"We are very sorry but we currently do not offer a stock for your firearm".

·
Premium Member
11,086 Posts
picketpin said:
I believe out of those choices the 25mn is going to be the closest to your 925. You may have to drill a rear action screw hole, but otherwise it should be a perfect fit. If you have a number I'd give them a call before you order.

james
I think James is right............the other available models all have heavy barrels, so the barrel channel is larger.
I think the 25MN will fit, and you'll want to use your existing mag azine floor plate. and yes, if I recall, you'll need to add the additional hole for the rear screw. easy enough to do....

Tom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As further investigation showed and a call to Marlin confirmed, the best fit is 982 or some call it 982M. Per Marlin, they should be fully interchangeable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts