Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get rid of the ugly K-Mart special pressed-in checkered stock that came on my 38-55. Where can I get a preshaped forend and butt stock, inletted for a proper crecent buttplate? I want wood similar to what the factory put out 100 years ago.

Anybody want to buy/trade for the stock thats on the rifle?

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just had to reply to your post. First things first, I guess. I do have a straight gripped buttstock from a 336 Texan but it doesn't have a crescent buttplate. I can let you have it reasonble. The real reason I replied was your signature line. At first I thought you couldn't spell and then I looked where your from. That's GREAT! I love the sentiment.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Next time we'll go around the Yankee left flank at Gettysburg. . . .

·
Super Moderator
7,957 Posts
Treebone carving also makes a really nice stock with a cresent buttplate, I can give you the address when I get off Work.
................................................ Marko

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the help, fellows. Precision gunstocks not only has the pre-shaped wood for the 336, but also the cresent butt plate and stocks for other marlins winchesters. I also found these stocks and some others in the Brownell's catalogue. Both peices of wood and the butplate are about $150. Now I have to figure out how to raise enough cash to restock all my leverguns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts