Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13,302 Posts
Im a man who has introduced a lot of women to shooting over the years. I would like to see more on this site. shooting/ guns are a great sport or hobby. do you reload? save those cases! you will. lots of info here.
:dito: What he said.

I'm a man but we do have some ladies and I hope they'll see your post. Having said that, show some of your lady friends the joys of owning and shooting a Marlin, and then sign them up here! You'll find that this is the best and most respectful forum anywhere. Welcome and thanks for joining us!

·
Registered
22,391 Posts
:dito: What he said.

I'm a man but we do have some ladies and I hope they'll see your post. Having said that, show some of your lady friends the joys of owning and shooting a Marlin, and then sign them up here! You'll find that this is the best and most respectful forum anywhere. Welcome and thanks for joining us!
:dito:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!

mrguvna, I was at a G&K show in my area and one of these caught my eye. Then I saw the same model in the movie Wind River. Then as I was talking to the owner of my favorite LGS, he had one in his store that was sold but I got to check out in person... So I had him order me one and I finally picked it up yesterday. It's got some sharp edges on it so it's going to need a little work to avoid razor cuts but it's truly beautiful in person. Been scouting a bunch of videos since then and learned about it. Bought ammo before I bought the rifle. :) I don't reload but the cost of these loads might drive me to it!

94win30wcf, we just sold my father in law's reloader. Neither of us have the time or patience to reload and fortunately, we have funds to afford ammo so it isn't a huge problem for us to plink at the range. Looking forward to trying it out! (And accessorizing!) I need to get a scope, a sling, and a rifle case... Then I'll be set to hit the woods to do some hunting.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Welcome from Midcoast Maine! Great to have all who are interested in Marlins, shooting, and reloading. it sounds like you are not into reloading yet... LOL. I was not either at first.

Welcome and enjoy!

·
Registered
14,837 Posts
Welcome to the Forum.

Baby steps at first, get to a range and ask a Range Officer for some assistance. Get familiar with the workings of your rifle, loading and unloading. Be safe and enjoy your new Marlin.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Welcome to the Forum from ID/AZ.
I'm one of those guys that know women can be better shots than men if they want to be. Something about how their brains is wired!
Glad that you chose a Marlin lever gun as it shows class you know.:eek:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I’ve been trying to get my wife interested in shooting for some time now but made a mistake pretty early on when I picked her up a 22 mag and she was not ready for it.... couple steps back. Now I need to get her comfortable with the 10/22 to learn the fun without the loud bang and kick. Once nice and coforotable with them move up to a 22 mag in a heavy rifle and so on. She really likes the pretty stocked limited Rugurs so should not be a problem bringing her back in. It’s a slow process but I know she will truly enjoy it once she gets over the fear factor. Maybe I should pick up a 22lr lever and see if she like that type of shooting?

Lady’s, any advice on getting her into it without feeling pressured?

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Welcome from Eastern Carolina! I like the fact that you “just liked it” and decided to get you one! :top: - that’s how I got into a Marlin myself. Am I to undrstand correctly that you shoot the deservedly much vaunted 45-70? My hat is tipped to you again! I have loved the looks of Marlin practically my whole life and now have a 336W in 30-30 with wood grain laminate stocks that I Love to shoot box upon box upon box of ammo through at any one outing (I always seem to go through at least 2 boxes per, right here in the backyard) - don’t know if I could even run the full load of 6 Shots through a 45-70 before cryin’ “Uncle” - you have my attention, I would Love to hear more about you getting out with that beauty.... Oh, and... Pictures or It didn’t happen. :wink: :biggrin:

Welcome Aboard!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts