Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those of you that were on the old Marlin Talk you might remember me talking about my 880sq.i still have not maxed the BDT at 50yds with it.this rifle will shoot about 1/2 inch at 50yds with the Wolf Match Target ammo and with some of the Aguila ammo.i added weight to the forarm and to the butt stock.i drilled on through the plug in the butt stock then packed it full of lead.the rifle holds nice and still on the bench.the 880sq just isnt a 50yd maxer but its a easy maxer at 25yds with this rifle.hows your guns shooting?anyone maxed the BDT here?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I"ve maxed it at 25yards with my stock 10/22lr 8)

It's posted in here under the thread Team Top Gun need help! Good luck at maxing it at 50yards man. Keep try'n. I"m the 61st person to do it at 25 yards.

DoniphanRedneck 8)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Have you replaced the trigger spring and removed the trigger machining marks? Have you tried floating the barrel by placing two business cards under the front end of the stock as a pressure point? How often do you clean the barrel, it take 30-50 rounds to stabilize, then dont' clean it again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the trigger has been worked down to 20 oz and the barrel has been floated.it not to bad of a shooter.

where does TEAM TOP GUN have the record book now.it was on the old Marlin Talk?is it posted here?

·
Registered
145 Posts
Jeff,
I have done the 50yd BDT at 50 with my 1710 annie in my backyard range but everytime I try it in front of a witness I shoot a shotgun pattern at 50...what a weird rifle anschutz made. :roll:

See you at Shawnee hopefully,

Good DAy

G

·
I maxed it in early February at 25 yards with my custom 10/22 and Lapua Standard Club. #58 on the list. I've since tried Wolf MT, and it shoots even better than the Lapua. I haven't had the right day for a try at 50 yards, but I think the Wolf could do it.

I hope to report, one day, that it's been done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts