Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,004 Posts
Can anyone tell me if the 444 Marlin is still in production. I'm talking about the rifle and not the ammo, of course!
I dont believe it is....but, there are a number of "pre-owned" 444's that come up for sale on this site, so, if you are interested keep and eye out in the "For Sale" area of the forum.

·
Banned
1,132 Posts
the h&r might be. thompson center doesn't. mgm and bullberry still are making them in 'tender and encore. other than that, i agree with flat top.

marlin might be able to come up with some remlins, with the ohio thing.(straight wall cases in high powered rifles)

Reactions: Flat Top

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Marlin is producing the 444 again, but at this time, in limited runs. They ran some off in January and some folk here have stated to have some of the new Remlin 444s. Remington customer service rep has been quoted saying another run of 444 Marlin SS will be in May with anticipated June shipment. I do know that Buds guns shop had some for a day or two, but they were scooped up quickly. Davidsons says they have some allocated. I assume they are waiting for the June shipment. I have dibbs on one that is on order through a local gun shop, but there are no guarantees that he will get any.

·
Super Moderator
25,174 Posts
Supposedly Remlin is putting the 444 Marlin back into production this year. I haven't heard of anyone buying a new one though. Maybe someone else on MO will have more news on this.

·
Registered
59 Posts
They are still in production. The .444 and .35 Rems seem to come in small batches. I had several new .444's come through the shop in January, and they are still able to be backordered from distributors.

·
Registered
11,599 Posts
Well, I hope they make and sell a lot of them... maybe the "ammo guys" will take note and make more of that available too... :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
16,023 Posts
Marlin is producing the 444 again, but at this time, in limited runs. They ran some off in January and some folk here have stated to have some of the new Remlin 444s. Remington customer service rep has been quoted saying another run of 444 Marlin SS will be in May with anticipated June shipment. I do know that Buds guns shop had some for a day or two, but they were scooped up quickly. Davidsons says they have some allocated. I assume they are waiting for the June shipment. I have dibbs on one that is on order through a local gun shop, but there are no guarantees that he will get any.
​Are those stainless guns going to be 444XLR's w/24" barrels; or, a standard 444SS in stainless w/a 22" barrel?

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
​Are those stainless guns going to be 444XLR's w/24" barrels; or, a standard 444SS in stainless w/a 22" barrel?
As far as I am aware, the 22" blued 444 SS is the only rifle being built, but vendors like Buds have re-introduced the XLR into their on-line listings. I can't get much out of Marlin about it.
I just tested my '09 39A that I got back from Remington after they had it to fix a random fail to fire issue. Well, it doesn't appear to be "fixed". I am getting tired of their incompetence and if they can't resolve the issue with my 39A, then they will not be getting another red cent out of me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts