Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just looked at a Stevens Model 311 in 20 gauge. this gun has seen some hard use. the trigger guard is cracked along with the plastic stock. none of this really bothers me outside of knowing that the gun probably wasn't well cared for. what concerns me is that there is a bit of play when the barrels are closed. just a bit of, but it is there. the asking price is 280, i was thinking about offering 200. i don't want to end up with a wall hanger. any advice would be appreciated thank you

· Super Moderator
16,637 Posts
jhammer said:
Just looked at a Stevens Model 311 in 20 gauge. this gun has seen some hard use. the trigger guard is cracked along with the plastic stock. none of this really bothers me outside of knowing that the gun probably wasn't well cared for. what concerns me is that there is a bit of play when the barrels are closed. just a bit of, but it is there. the asking price is 280, i was thinking about offering 200. i don't want to end up with a wall hanger. any advice would be appreciated thank you.
If I were in your shoes I'd pass on the gun. Sounds like a problem where the lug matches to the pivot pin; and possibly not mating right with the water tables. A SxS in good working order (gauge) should have ZERO MOVEMENT when mated to the receiver with the forearm OFF. The gun should lock up tight.

· Premium Member
7,898 Posts
I had a Kassnar import double that was in that condition, maybe worse than what you are describing. By the time the smith got done with it, I could have bought a new one. I would have been money ahead to sell it to numrich and put the money towards a new shottie. If I had to do it all again.................. OH, he replaced the pivot pin,and lugs, plus hours fitting.

· Registered
32 Posts
Hi,
I don't know if you bought that gun or still in the market but I have a very nice Stevens 311 20 ga side x side that I am selling. It is very tight and has case colored receiver. Asking $350. If you are interested send me a PM. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.