Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up at 4:30 to get ready to go today. This will be our last trip before my son goes to basic for Airforce.
. We got there as the sun was rising and headed out to fish for a while before swimming. We went to a spot that we would drift to where we planned on scalloping. Of course my wife catches the only keepers.
. The scallops were scattered but we got enough for a good mess. And we had a great time.
. We left a pole with a piece on pinfish on it out while we cleaned the scallops. When we were almost done with the scallops...zzzzz.
. Shark bait ooo ha ha! Great day with my family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,891 Posts
Looks like you had a blast. Tell your son we are grateful for the decision he made to serve our country. God speed young man.

Reactions: jim716

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
It is always good on the water, tell your son thanks for serving.:flag:

·
Registered
25,114 Posts
Good for him, and good luck in his new Air Force career.

It goes by fast, so tell him to look forward to, and enjoy every minute of it. The sky's the limit for him.

Before he knows it, 20 years have gone by, and he will have that experience to carry him on well in life.

Best thing he ever did.

Good for you encouraging him.

Gr8rtst.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys we are very proud. Wish I had done when I was young. Would be retired now instead of having 15 years to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
53 Posts
Beautiful area of Florida, I remember when the Big Bend was relatively undeveloped. (I'm really old)
Good luck to your son with his Air Force career and please thank him for his service

·
Super Moderator
14,166 Posts
Looks good. I know the placed was packed this weekend. I am hearing they are more scattered this year then they were last year but most are still find enough.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.