Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it might be blasphemous but I wanted a set of laminate for field use, plus I do like the look. :p

I got a set off Flea-bay and put them on tonight. They do not fit as nice as the walnut but they are ok.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
I like it..

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Looks great I want the same for my SBL. with a little file work I'm sure you can make it fit really nicely. How does the sling stud look is it crooked/off center.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
skmarsh77 said:
Looks great I want the same for my SBL. with a little file work I'm sure you can make it fit really nicely. How does the sling stud look is it crooked/off center.
Not so concerned about perfect fit. She is gonna be an all weather tool. If it's not raining up here it's about to. :)

The sling swivel is pretty much dead center. It was not screwed in all the way though.

·
Registered
32,306 Posts
I like it. :D

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
Nice, I've pondered doing the same for my GS.

·
Registered
994 Posts
If you find a source for straight stock laminates let me know,I have been thinking the same thing

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a limb saver on the way. Also in the plans are Skinner tactical sights.

More pics to come. ;D

·
Premium Member
5,925 Posts
dave4570 said:
If you find a source for straight stock laminates let me know,I have been thinking the same thing
Brockmans.....but be prepared to pay. I think they want somewhere around $300.....

·
Registered
549 Posts
Sweet, now ya need a scout rail. ;D

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
MOUNTAIN WILLIAM said:
Sweet, now ya need a scout rail. ;D
I guess that is where I draw the old school line. :p

Laminate, stainless, and ghost ring sites ok. Scope no.

On another note...

I might need to dehorn the lever a bit. Sharp edges. And the trigger is like a knife.

Trip to the range tomorrow to throw a couple of boxes worth down the field. ;D

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ridgerunner665 said:
And not before you have the required 25 posts ;) :)
Wouldn't think of it. :)

I did order new Skinner tactical sights yesterday. Will post some pics once they arrive and are installed.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
teckhardt said:
I have a limb saver on the way.
Got the limb saver today and put it on. Fit is not perfect. :( Its a bit too narrow and a bit too long.

Will have to decide if I can live with it. A cover from Levergun is an option as well.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think your rifle looks real nice with the laminate furniture.
I'm disappointed to hear about the fit of the limbsaver because I was thinking on getting one myself. Are the dimensions any different between the laminate and walnut buttstocks?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts