Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Parson,

What is the status of your efforts to refine the ladder sight, put it into production, and list it on the Skinner web site?
I really liked the look of yor prototype and look forward to buying one when you get it into production/sales. :D

CJ

·
Vendor
1,942 Posts
Hello Jinx,

The Ladder Sight is currently on loan for some more input. The production of our regular sights is keeping me pretty busy and the new models we are bringing to the market are consistent with the tooling and methods we use to make our original sights.

I'm bringing in new equipment and tooling that will improve the process and insure the quality of our sights remains top notch.

I love the ladder sight too! Keep watching at www.skinnersights.com!

Andy

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Andy,

Thanks for the upate! I will continure to monitor the Skinner site for the release of the ladder sight!

regards,

CJ

·
Vendor
1,942 Posts
Sight is still out for testing. Eli had it and suggested Wind would be in a better position to do some longer range shooting to really evaluate the elevation potential. These guys are great! I had a Shooter in VA shoot it on a Cowboy 44 and he had some great feedback. I'll post some of the "findings" when Wind has had a chance to shoot it a bit.

Thanks guys,

ANDY

·
Vendor
1,942 Posts
I've sent the Ladder sight on to Eli who sent it on to Wind (MO members) who have both been in good contact with GREAT feedback on the sight. Wind reports that the Ladder has about 500 yards of elevation built into it and that the ladder stays put under the recoil of his 38-55. Eli has shared some ideas about the concept and function that are also very helpful.

Marling Owners are good people... :)

WHEN we will bring them to production is still somewhat dependant on our standard production schedule.

We have been expanding our applications of the "Old Reliable" Skinner sight as first developed by Dr. Skinner for Marlins. Using his robust and beautiful design we now have sights for Thompson Center Contender/Encore's, The NEF/H&R Handi Rifles, Henry Repeating Arms, all listed at www.skinnersights.com.

Based on his design we also created the beautiful Skinner "EXPRESS" series of sights for the Marlin 336/1895 and 1894 Rifles. These sights will also fit on the Rossi "RIO GRANDE", the Henry 30-30, and believe it or not, the Rossi "CIRCUT JUDGE" revolving carbine.

Skinner "TACTICAL" Sights have been well accepted with customers giving us rave reviews. Watch a Skinner "Tactical" sight mounted here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jW9mNzJc124

1 - 8 of 8 Posts