Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As posted today (4/15/14) on the Shiloh-Sharps board:

“I just got off the phone with a lady at Starline and she said they were going to do a production run of 45-70 brass at the end of this week. For those of you who need some, you might call and get your order in and receive some of this run.”

Read all ‘bout it:
www.shilohrifle.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21975&view=unread#unread

·
Registered
232 Posts
Their web site states no back orders. Did the lady you talk to at Starline allow you to place a back order?

·
Banned
2,803 Posts
I bought a bunch of the high quality and reasonably priced HSM 45-70 ammo at a sale a coupla years ago and have lots of Starline brass as a result.
It's pretty good stuff ...........superior to the Winchester & Remington brass by a long shot.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I buy most all my Brass from Starline What ya need to do is find what ya want in the list of Brass and if it,s NOT in stock and backordered get on the Email Notifier and when you get the Email don,t wait a day and order Get-R-Done or your gonna wait again every now and again they open the site to pre purchase a week or two Ahead so you can order,pay for it and they will ship it as it comes off the line I usually check their Site twice a day if I need something pretty bad and usually get a pre order in within a week Kinda tricky on the timing but well worth it for NEW Brass---- Ya have to ask yourself---Should I buy 250 or 500 Do You Feel Lucky Huh well Do Ya ?

Reactions: msharley

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"So does Rem and Winchester make their own or contract it out and have their stamp on it? Does Starline only make theirs?"
--Oregon Stihl

Good question. About two years ago, I opened a "brand-spanking-new" bag of Winchester .45-70 and some were head stamped "Hornady."

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
I buy most all my Brass from Starline What ya need to do is find what ya want in the list of Brass and if it,s NOT in stock and backordered get on the Email Notifier and when you get the Email don,t wait a day and order Get-R-Done or your gonna wait again every now and again they open the site to pre purchase a week or two Ahead so you can order,pay for it and they will ship it as it comes off the line I usually check their Site twice a day if I need something pretty bad and usually get a pre order in within a week Kinda tricky on the timing but well worth it for NEW Brass---- Ya have to ask yourself---Should I buy 250 or 500 Do You Feel Lucky Huh well Do Ya ?
If Starline shows "no backorders"............just pick up the phone and place and order along with giving them your credit card info. Believe me, they will gladly take a backorder even though the site says differently. That way you don't have to worry about being in the back of the line when you get an e-mail saying they now have inventory of the item you want. How do I know? They accepted an order from me for 500 .38-55 cases that won't be run until late summer 2014..............and the site said "no backorders". :flute:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.