Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my barrel it says----1894 COWBOY LIMITED--THE MARLIN FIREARMS CO. NORTH HAVEN CT USA.
** MODEL 1894CB -CAL. 357 OR 38SPL**--------JM

Im new to the Marlin, so what doe's all this info mean in compairison to other models"

the only thing I know is that it has a 20 " Blued Octagon Barrel & is in really good shape.
The only other stamps I found were the serial #.

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
What does it mean?..........
1. Model...1894CB
2. original patent 1894
3. CB = Cowboy
4. JM = non Remington produced rifle. (all CB's are JM, pre Remington)
5. Manufactured at the North Haven CT. plant
6. Cal. 357 or 38SPL = it will shoot both .357 and 38 special cal. ammo.

The serial number will tell you what date it was manufactured.

3 more posts and you can sell it. : )

·
Registered
9,156 Posts
He just gave you all the info on your Cowboy, congrats on having such a nice 1894! Welcome to Marlin Owners, start reading, ya got a lot of catching up to do on your new favorite firearm. DP

·
Premium Member
1,502 Posts
He just gave you all the info on your Cowboy, congrats on having such a nice 1894! Welcome to Marlin Owners, start reading, ya got a lot of catching up to do on your new favorite firearm. DP
dep, I looked into some of his previously posted threads and saw that his is building posts to sell it.
http://www.marlinowners.com/forum/1894/140818-jm-marlin.html#post1712441

Widomaker, You were absolutely right, it's a 20"bbl ---On the barrel it says---1894 COWBOY LIMITED -THE MARLIN FIREARMS CO. NORTH HAVEN CT. USA
** MODEL 1894CB- CAL 357 MAG OR 38 SPL ** JM----The only other markings I can see is the serial # on the receiver.---As soon as I get the required 25 posts., Im going to put it up for sale/trade on this site.

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
He's the one counting his posts

1 - 5 of 5 Posts