Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok folks, when berretta took over this gun, did they do a good job? i'm thinking about getting one in the 45LC. any comments from those who own one? and what did you pay, i see a wide price range on gunbroker~$320 to $500ish! i like the feel of the 7-1/2 colt, did yours shoot to point of aim with these non-adjustable sights? have the bereeta engineers got the cylinder play ok? anybody mike the cyl and barrel? accuracy? etc etc......i DON'T need another safe sitter(which iswhat most of my stuff is!) but i shore do like them 45lc's!
(my 14th anaversary is comming up! :wink:

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I have handeled a few when I was working in a gun shop part-time(now 100% retired) anyways they were well made and looked good.the price was close to a ruger vaquero both with transfer bar saftey.the trigger on the ruger seemed smoother to me and when it comes to reloading the ruger is king of the hot hunting loads.ruger also backs it's product 100%.if the price is close go for a ruger.
pete

·
Premium Member
7,244 Posts
I took a close look at them when I was shopping for another single action .45 Colt. I already had a Dakota Bisley in 7 1/2" barrel, .45 Colt, but wanted a short barreled gun, with standard grip frame.
The fit and action seemed to be quite good, but I really didn't think the case colors were very nice. They are the chemical type colors, which generally don't last long, or look as nice as real bone charcoal colors.
I opted for the AWA SAA instead. It was a much nicer finish, and real casehardening, plus a much nicer trigger. They run in the same price range, and my dealer said he could order one in for $389 in my hands. Fortunately, the day I stopped to have him order one, he had just gotten a like new trade in, in the exact cofiguration I wanted, and sold it to me for $300! Still in it's original box, with all the papers.
Take a close look at American Western Arms, before you buy anything.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have a hankering for one of the AWA Lightenings in UM........32-20
But it's too much $$$ for me now.
Jim

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
still "want" one...........

i still want a 45LC SA......i believe you Vall, the AWA with real case coloring will be what i look for....but it will have to wait a while, i seem to have a RIA 45auto follow me home. it shore do have an appetite! i reload on bob's~ lee 1000, and i STILL can't keep it fed......must be a teenager pistol :wink:
as for accuracy, i so far havn't seen many $1000 guns best it! :p

as chevy chase said"'I LIKE IT!" :shock:

·
Registered
452 Posts
kaintuck - I own and shoot a Beretta Stampede 7 1/2" BBL, case hardened, .45 Colt. I love it; it is tight, has a 2 1/2 pound trigger, and is more accurate than my Ruger. My Ruger is a .45 convertible with a Super Blackhawk hammer, trigger job, Mt. Belt base pin, and cylinder opened to .4525. The Ruger will take higher pressures that would distroy the Bretta, but the Beretta will get 920fps any day with a 255gr bullet, handles better, and is more comfortable to shoot than my Ruger. I've looked at a variety of Beretta Stampedes since they came out (actually made by Uberte) and most are like mine, but occassionally you do find one that got past QA (the ones that make more news). I'd buy another, but inspect it first before the purchase. Regards, Riley

1 - 6 of 6 Posts