Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all... I'm finding plenty of leather military style slings with brass or black steel hooks/d-rings on the sling itself, but has anyone ever found a leather sling with stainless steel hardware? I'm good to go on the swivels (Outdoor Connection TAL79451) trying to find these for my 1895GS 45-70. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Great idea, easy to see where that would be a good looking sling set up. No, have never seen one one like that offered for sale. A possible solution would be to buy the black steel set, remove the hardware and either paint it a silver color, or have it nickel plated, would seem to be worth the effort. Post pictures, whatever you do, its gonna look good.

·
Registered
793 Posts
I have maybe a dozen pair of the stainless frogs from Les Tam for 1907 slings that I make myself, he is an absolutely terrific man and I encourage you to purchase one from him if you can. When I first got interested in producing these slings I approached him and he laid out the red carpet for me. All around just class act.

The stainless frogs were a bit of a fluke and when he uses what he has they'll be gone unless someone does another production run.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Did I read his website correctly? An 18 MONTH lead time for slings? Holy cow!!!!:ahhhhh:
Far as I know there are 3 'premier' makers in that market and Mr. Tam is considered one of the best. This is a retirement job for him and I think he has more work than he knows what to do with which is why he was so nice to the young idiot wanting to know how to build some (me).

·
Registered
114 Posts
This gentleman learned the craft from Les Tam as well. I purchased one of his slings for my 03A3 Springfield and they're head and shoulders above the Turner slings I have on my other rifles. If I were to buy another, it would definitely be from Ron Brown. And, you can get them from Creedmor Sports with no lead time.

Ron Brown Leather Slings

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.