Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any pics of stainless mods to a blue 1894? Levers, hammer, loading gate etc?

Just wondering what it would look like and I don't have a real good imagination for that kind of stuff.

NGH

·
Banned
3,193 Posts
I saw a picture yesterday of what I think might have been an older, pre safety, 1894 cowboy or a 1974 39 with polished blued receiver and 24" octo barrel had gold hammer, trigger and loading gate and a gold coin of some sort in the stock. it may have been a centennial. anyway it sure was a sharp looking firearm

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the idea of just a little bit of color... nothing overboard. I did find some pics from Grizzly (I think it was) that had stainless on the blue but it was a bit much. Might try it with a couple of pieces and see how it looks to my eye up close and personal-like.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here are some RPP pics from their site. The bits of stainless pop against the blue. I do NOT like bits of black on a stainless action and I absolutely hate a black scope on a ss gun.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm thinking of the stainless loading gate and various screws... just enough to make someone look at it twice. Then... I think I have been bitten by that "sand down the checkering" bug. Getting rid of the proud wood and smoothing it all up really makes it look better. I have to finish getting my workbench area set up first though.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh I have an idea. I have a 1894SS and a 1894c. I can swap around some screws and take a pic when I get home and get a chance. 38D8198D-1427-4885-8AE0-1452CBF89C51_1579178407001.jpeg

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't do it just to humor me... but both might look cool. Or we collectively might decide that it looks like crap and should never be attempted again.

·
Registered
13,766 Posts
I'm with we collectively might decide that it looks like crap and should never be attempted again. Gar.

But, sanding off the checkering, reshaping slightly, and bringing the grain out with a hand rubbed finish is a much improved look for Marlins.

·
Registered
234 Posts
When I cut down and converted my 35 from a pistol grip to a straight stock I bought stainless lever off of ebay. It was the only straight lever I could find at the time. You can't really tell without looking at it closely. Does look pretty good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts