Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A week ago I was in the local GS and they had a used stainless model 60. I've never had one in stainless but do have a blued version.
Thought about it, but passed.
Yesterday stopped in and they had another in better shape than the first one. I walked away again but called back and had them hold it.
What are they going for around they country? This one does have a Tasco 3-9 and appears to be fairly clean, a few dings in butt stock.
What are your thoughts on the stainless 60's?
They're asking 165.00

·
Banned
2,262 Posts
Ithink that any Marlin .22 in "good" shape these days, is a buy for under $200. I would try to off the scope for $25, and have me a nice 60SS for $140...but that's just me.:biggrin:

·
Banned
1,175 Posts
About 6 months ago they were $200 at Dick's now they are roughly $240. Ruger 10/22's used to be $220 at Walmart but now they are asking $240. I say it is a decent deal if it is in very good shape but remember, you are limited to 14 rounds. You may want to save the money and get an older Marlin that holds more if that matters to you.

James

·
Super Moderator
13,983 Posts
I know Wally World sells them with the matching scope. They look nice. I was trying to remember what they wanted for it and I am not sure maybe $225.00. I see there are a bunch of new ones on Gun Broker and all are less than $200.00 at this point with no reserve

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Capacity is not a big factor to me. My blued 60 is the version with the long mag tube and last shot hold open. I'd don't think that combination was used for to long before they went to the shorter magazine.
I thought the price was reasonable.

·
Super Moderator
5,143 Posts
At that price, I would be a buyer.The day's of finding the $100 model 60's are fading fast.....let alone a stainless gun.Buy it!

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At that price, I would be a buyer.The day's of finding the $100 model 60's are fading fast.....let alone a stainless gun.Buy it!
Ow, my arm.. your twisting my arm!

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
I think thats a fair price for $165. but Im sure they will have a little wiggle room on the price, so you will probably get it for less, I say go for it! get it and don't look back.

Love my stainless 60, found mine at a pawnshop also , I got it for 175$ out the door with a cheapo scope. its a 2002, and its the best shooting 22 I have in my collection.

I put a boyd's stock, and a BSA scope on it, and love it.
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
:) I bought this big ole scope, and they threw in this little rifle with it...
its fun for long distance. 6-24x 40. nice to be able to zoom in on the targets way out there when I want to...

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The first 60 had sold sometime during the week.
165 is the best they will do, they don't come down much from marked price, but they don't over price like Cabelas does.
I'll sleep on it, but it will probably happen. They have a easy layaway plan, little down no time limit

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Flatsneck, that's nice..Hmmmm, my nephew works at Boyds. Might have to give him a call!

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
ive been very happy with the stocks Ive ordered from boyd's, and I really like the pepper color with stainless guns.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.