Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have a couple 60SB's that I really liked. I always heard the warnings about unreliable performance from model 60's, but these never hiccupped and they were very accurate. Have there been any recent 'improvements' made to these guns in the name of cost-cutting or ease of manufacturing that I should consider before I buy another? Thanks

·
Registered
51 Posts
I've got a friend with a three year old 60SB and it occasionally struggles with bulk ammo. Two weeks ago we were out in the desert shooting and I handed him a bunch of CCI mini-mags that went through perfectly. My 16 year old 60 operates flawlessly with them. I think it was Plinker Tom who mentioned that the CCI mini-mags and Stingers have a bit longer casing. I've never measured, but I put 200 mini-mags thru mine without a burp.

The 60 is not a match rifle by any standards, but for offhand shooting at 75 yards, it's hard to miss a pie plate.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a brand new Model 60sb I'd like to sell or trade if you're interested....I bought it new in 02 I believe and its in absolutely perfect shape....I'd like to get $135 plus shipping or trade for ??? of equivilent value....I've only fired 15 rounds thru it just to check for factory defects....Contact me at [email protected] if you're interested....

·
Registered
137 Posts
Edwardyoung:

I bought a new 60SS this past summer and she shoots fine. The only problem I had with it was when I had a bad brick of Power Points. I've got over a thousand rounds through mine and it's accurate to boot. I've shot everything through it and she handles them fine.

I bought this M60 only because I've owned or owned about every rimfire Marlin makes except the 60... I'm glad I did.

GOOD SHOOTING! :) Range Finder

1 - 5 of 5 Posts