Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you using the stainless media, do you try and dry the pins or just let them air dry in the tub. Got mine today and ran a small batch for a couple hours. WOW This is fantastic.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
As soon as I open the tumbler I dump everything in the media seporater and spin until all the pins are out of the cases and in the dirty water, I put the cases into my dehydrator to dry and then take the dirty water/pins over to the hose and start putting water in while I let the dirty water flow out (without letting the pins come out) when the water is clear I pour it with the pins back into the tumbler to wait for the next round...

I leave them in the water, They are stainless steel so no need to dry them.

Doc

·
Registered
20,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. Only had enough dirty brass for 1 small load. I'm gonna have to remedy that.

·
Super Moderator
12,243 Posts
Mine stay in water as well but I never bother with cleaning them, just pour off the dirty water is all. No problems after 2-3 years of use.

·
Super Moderator
8,036 Posts
I do the same as Doc, I wash the steel in the bucket with copiuos amounts of water decant the water and put back in the tumbler wet and ready for the next load.

·
Registered
126 Posts
My space is limited, so I can't leave the tumbler or drum sitting out. I have a paint strainer sock I line the media separator with, dump the dirty water, pins and brass through it, and rinse it with the hose. Then I dump the bucket. I put the pins and brass on a cookie sheet (yes, I only use it for this), and put it in the oven which I've turned on to about 200 degrees. I turn the oven off and just let them sit there for a half hour or so. All dry. I take the strainer sock and stretch it over a 5 gallon bucket, dump the pins and brass back into the media separator. The separator keeps the brass and the sock keeps the pins. Put everything away nice and neat and the kids and dogs can't knock anything over and make a mess. :flute:

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
45Nut: thanks for the tip 'bout using a paint strainer. Right now, I clean with ceramic media, but the stainless steel pins would make the smaller bottle neck cases easier to clean. Thanks again and "a tip of the Hatlo hat".....

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you can't make it to a hardware or paint store for the paint strainer, the old ladies panty hose work just as well, maybe better. But if you get caught, you didn't get it from me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts