Marlin Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who can tell me a measurment from the top of the barrel to the top of there front sight post. using of coures a skinner recever mount peep. to get me someplace near zero at 100 yards (i know there alot of factors but i need a starting place) I load 405 cast behind 42 grains of r 7. if that helps.

I dont have a front ramp hence the odd ?

·
Registered
41 Posts
CTS,
I would do it but i've put a Skinner express on mine and custom cut a front site for the 325gr FTX on mine.
Here's my suggestions to getting it right.

Take a couple shots at 25 yards and go to the skinner sites web site. He has a formula on the site on how to calculate what the site height should be. If it's too tall, take your time with a file or ??? and take down some of the sight.

If not tall enough, he has front sites that will fit. Parson will set you up and with some of the best customer service I've seen.....ever!
Go for it and good luck,

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i dont have a front ramp with a dovetail so im making one( because that what i have fun doing) so i have no starting place.i just have a barrel with two holes in the top. if some c ould tell me the hight to the bottom of the original ramp and dovetale and the hight of there front post that would work too. just need a starting place.

·
Vendor
1,946 Posts
Hello C.T.

My Guide gun is using a ramp/front sight combined height of .475" off the top of the barrel using 300 gr. jacketed bullets at 2000 fps. sighted dead on at 50 yards.

They are all different but there is a starting point for you.

:)

Good luck with your sight. If you need any help just let me know.

ANDY

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.