Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight is the eve of the day of Saint John the Baptist. Yep, the guy that lost his head over an exotic dancer. :cry: They used to be called "temptress" then. :wink:

Anyhow, I live in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and Saint John is the city's patron saint. For those short on Spanish, John and Juan are the same thing. 8) The tradition, John being the baptist, is that, at the stroke of midnight, people take a dip in the ocean, walking in backwards, for good luck the rest of the year. :shock: This is all like a big block party. I live 250 yards from one of San Juan's nicest beaches and there are thousands of people on the beach there and the partying will go on tomorrow, Saturday and Sunday. :lol: This gets done all over the island, not just in San Juan, as any excuse is good for a party. :lol:

Wish you were all here so you could see it! :roll:

Luis

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
luisyamaha,

Now be careful what you back into. :wink:

Dave 8)

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Inevitably some clothing gets shed, some falls off, and some gets torn off. :wink:

Wet white T-shirts, G-string bikinis under white gauze shorts, that type of thing. No real outright nudity, except for "wardrobe mal-functions". :lol: But you get all kinds, tall, short, big, small, young, old, fat, skinny, pretty, ugly, white, brown, black, or yellow. Beer and rum make a potent lubricant for social interaction. :roll: Me, I've seen it 53 times, tonight I'm going to bed early. And I'm not backing into anything! :lol:

·
Premium Member
14,841 Posts
I vote for a Marlin Lever group gathering and shoot in Puerto Rico!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Oh, hell, Luis....that sounds like any ******* bar on a Friday night around here...... :oops:

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Sarge said:
tubbythetuba said:
Oh, hell, Luis....that sounds like any ******* bar on a Friday night around here...... :oops:
What? There's ******** in WA?
Wa is only Liberal in the Cities. Tacoma is not that Liberal and I live 15 miles east of Tacoma on the way to Mt Rainier.......lots of farms, hills and scruffy, loud ********........I'm not scruffy, and don't drink anymore, but I fit right in. (I don't count the cowboy wannbes....they are annoying and their boots cost more than the average farm pickup :roll: )

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
how many of you --without looking it up know where John the Baptist is buried and why there.

·
Registered
25,048 Posts
Sarge.. theres ******** everywhere .. LOL

·
Banned
2,406 Posts
Damascus

·
Premium Member
12,094 Posts
luisyamaha said:
"Cause he didn't know Puerto Rico? :lol:

I reckon, given the state of refrigeration technology at the time John was baptizing folks, he'da been pretty ripe by the time they found Puerto Rico. :lol:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts