Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of any, or any places to find some squirrel recepies? I cant seem to find any new ones.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I started this one tonight, hope to be eating it tomorow.
This is also how we eat the majority of deer meat around here. Even people who say they hate venison love it when cooked like this.
I took four squirrels (these scrawny eastern squirrles we have) cut them into quarters, dipped them in milk, then a light sprinkle of crushed corriander seed, then dipped them into flour mixed with healthy dose of pepper. I then pan fryed the pieces till the crust was golden and removed them from the pan. After all the pieces are browned I took and scraped all the stuck breading off the frying pan and started adding some flour to the hot, still cooking oil. Then added milk to thin it out with good doses of salt and pepper. Keep adding milk and flour till you got 1/2 to 3/4 pan of simmering gravy. Keep adding salt and pepper to gravy till it taste right to you. Also, you are going to cook the gravy more later, so keep it kinda thin.
For tonight, everything gos in the fridge. Tomorow at lunch I am going to dump the fried pieces into the crock pot with the gravy dumped on top and cook on low for about 4 more hours or till I get home.
This makes the best, most tender venison I have ever tasted, should be great with squirrel. I'll let you know.
p.s. there is a similar recipe on rimfirecentral using a different type gravy that should also be good.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Best place to find squirrel recipes is at the shawnee hunt, kfc squirrel,bbq,chile and some unnamable. :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts