Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy all!

i have put up these pictures before but have a reason for doing so again.

this here be a red squirrel. he's bout as long as your hand and note that white belly. i have never heard one bark but when alarmed make that ccchhhhhhrrrrrrrrr kinds racket!

this is a gray squirrel. this particular varmint inhabits my back yard along with a passel of his descendants and in summer is a lazy rascal as you can see. it also keeps close tabs on me for some unknown reason.

this is a fox squirrel and not to be confused with the red squirrel. he is lots bigger and may go close to 3 lbs! when he jumps from limb to limb you may think a tree has fallen in the woods. he is mostly a lots dumber than a gray and will sit most of the time watching as you slip up to put holes in him. his bark is sifferan than a grays and i have never in my entire life heard one squeal.

http://www.huntingfootage.com/showg...at=allfields&name=KNOTTYBUMPO&when=&whenterm=

here is a link to knotty's video's and one of them is the squirrel skinning video.

luck!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks alot for the link to skinning a squirrel, the way i do it takes forever, maybe ill give that method a try this weekend, that method on the video looks so easy, it would save me alot of time, thanks alot!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Even with no sound that was the best explanation of squirrel skinning I've ever seen.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wish we had 3lb squirrels in ME. I love to hunt squirrels, red mostly, as its what we have the most of in my area. My GF does not like it- so i try to convince her that they attack in packs..... shes a vet, so she has not bought it yet.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Squacks I like the picture of the fox-squirrel the most, looks like he's ready to duke it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts