Marlin Firearms Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,

As most of you know, we don't "just" build custom leverguns or design and manufacturer lever-action parts. One the parts front, expect to see much more from us in the handguns space beyond the Steyr A1 Pistols parts. To get that started, we have two new Springfield handgun parts that were developed out of necessity:

1. Springfield Omega 1911 10mm Steel Guide Rod (6" model) - A customer approached us a few months ago when his guide rod broke. Apparently, Springfield does not make replacement guide rods for this 1911 nor does anyone else. So this customer had a beautiful paperweight. Unlike most guide rods, this one has control blade aspects to it making the CAD, CAM, Fixturing and Machining process very involved. Needless to say, our customer was thrilled to get his 1911 back up and running. If anyone else has a Springfield Omega 1911 paperweight that needs a new guide rod, we're here to help.

IMG_4694.JPG

2. Springfield XD 45acp Tactical 5" Model Reliable Feed Recoil System - This new product came b/c my personal handgun had all types of feed/jamming issues. The same ones that have been discussed online for years for this model. With nothing on the market, I went ahead make a new guide rod and recoil system that solves the issue.
Small Springfield XD 45 Tactical Steel Guide Rod Recoil System2 copy.jpg

If you know of other gaps in the market where something needs to be designed let us know. We can't design everything but I will say that quite a few our products have been designed from customer input.

Adam

1,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! That's what we were told by our customer. A shame Springfield abandoned all the owners with no replacement parts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts